I recently bought Pioneer FH-X700BT along with Metra 70-8112 Amplifier Integration and Scosche LS 2081 for installing in 1997 Lexus ES300. I've never done this before so pardon my silly questions. Here they are:
1. With above items is it safe to assume that there is no need to cut any wire from factory harness.
Next questions assume that the answer is "yes".
The connector that came with media player has following wires
It also has 4 RCA female connector points for Rear and Front.
Metra 70-8112 has following wires
It has 4 RCA male connectors.
2. Is it safe to connect the wires as listed below:
Metra 70-8112 ===> Pioneer Receiver
4 RCA Male ===>
4 RCA Female
Metra 70-8112 ===> Factory Harness
3. What to do with Blue connector on Metra 70-8112? Is it OK to leave it unconnected but insulated?
4. Is there any need to ground the Pioneer unit to bare metal?
5. Is it OK to leave the following sets of wire Pioneer connector unconnected but insulated?
I would appreciate any help/advice! Thanks in advance!