Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

2nd Gen. Gs Installed Avic Z2 3 months ago, can't get subs working...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-14, 03:18 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2nd Gen. Gs Installed Avic Z2 3 months ago, can't get subs working...

What's up guys so check it out, I installed my avic z2 about 3 months ago, prior to that I had my stereo running flawlessly with the stock pioneer. Two Image dynamic 12's with a Tru technologies amp, with a bass *** I installed on the steering column. I used a LOC from the stock subs terminals, but recently installed the Avic. I bypassed the amp with two '87 and up Toyota harnesses, which I was able to get every connection made perfectly with just the harnesses alone besides the VSS wire. Now for the remote wire I honestly searched for 3 months looking for a way to have the remote switch flip the amp on only when stereo was on, but got fed up and ended up just tapping the remote to the stereo fuse in the drivers side kick panel. All is great the amp kicks on like it should. I ran the RCA's (just two) black and white, from the Avics harness, plugged into the two cables labeled "Subwoofer" ran the other end into my amp, and still no noise from the subs... Besides the subs everything else is working as it should, all speakers make the noise they should, except they get very distorted at times... But no engine wine nothing. But that may all change once the amp and subs really are working, not sure. Any advice on what I'm doing wrong? I really appreciate it guys.
Old 05-06-14, 03:19 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

I just don't see where else there should be a connection for this, I tried all of the RCA's on the Avics harness, none make the subs work..
Old 05-06-14, 09:09 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Really guys c'mon...
Old 05-07-14, 05:14 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

I'm making a DIY that's actually legit too... Guess not if it won't lead you to a working stereo lol... Thanks guys. ��
Old 05-15-14, 06:26 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

You know what I love? I sit on this forum and try and answer all the questions I can for people.. And not one of my threads where I've asked questions, have gotten one dam reply.... Cheers to that... Only thing that logically could suggest to me is, I'm just the smartest person on this forum... So if I don't know it, no one else does.... Well... I doubt that... I may be smart! But I know 50% of you here know more about lexus than I do... Now c'mon.... Wth
Old 06-15-14, 03:28 PM
infosponge
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would double check your connections from the subwoofer to the box. Is the amp outputting any voltage (AC) when the H/U is connected and turned up? try playing a sine wave to test this. Also did you check to see if you have signal voltage coming from the H/U (DC volts)? This is all assuming you've properly set the crossover settings on the h/u and the amplifier and have turned on the subwoofer output setting in your H/U menu.

Answer these questions I mentioned and we can go from there.
Old 06-17-14, 05:38 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by infosponge
I would double check your connections from the subwoofer to the box. Is the amp outputting any voltage (AC) when the H/U is connected and turned up? try playing a sine wave to test this. Also did you check to see if you have signal voltage coming from the H/U (DC volts)? This is all assuming you've properly set the crossover settings on the h/u and the amplifier and have turned on the subwoofer output setting in your H/U menu.

Answer these questions I mentioned and we can go from there.
You know what I'm going to go though all the HU settings again there's no reason why this dam thing isn't playing noise. All my voltages are there this is craziness... Jeez.... Thanks a lot for your response man I appreciate the help.
Old 06-19-14, 05:34 PM
9aristo
Pole Position

if you're in the 626 area I can help. I read your other thread and it's really hard to read and keep up.

essentially, you will need to get your headunit working flawlessly first. then toss your LOC converter, it's pointless on an aftermarket unit.

run power/ground/ power-on wire to amp. test your subs with a 9v battery. if they "buzz" when connected to the battery, they're good. run the RCA cable from the head unit to the amp's IN RCA ports (most amps have two sets for bridging). Connect (in series or parallel depending on the resistance the amp/subs - lookup on crutchfield.com).

you can text me if you need immediate help but I think it's pointless unless it's in person (323)999-II84

also, the ***** on the amps - should leave them default until you get the amp working. they should all be in the middle (your gain might be at the lowest setting judging by all the issues you're having)

Last edited by 9aristo; 06-19-14 at 05:35 PM. Reason: forgot to mention gain settings
Old 06-22-14, 12:42 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Hey man thank you very much I really appreciate you taking your time to help diagnose my issue, as well as reading my other post. I had a feeling it was going to be difficult to follow haha, but I got them working! It was a mix between settings on the head unit, and the RCA's. The RCA's that I originally had plugged in from the LOC, I simply unplugged, and plugged in the new set of RCA's that came from the head unit now. For some reason, when I took out the new set of RCA's and tried them in the other set of ports on the amp, the subs thumped, indicating I finally had noise! Odd though because I've been using the bottom set to plug into for years now... Odd, ANYHOW! Lol the speakers in the car sound amazing compared to before but the system together, currently sounds like garbage! Lol, it needs to be tuned SO BAD! but no engine whine! Not even the slightest bit! Very happy I got it done! I'm going to make a simple, easy to follow DIY for those who are not audioholics! Cheers man thanks again! Oh, another thing, haha my bass *** I forgot was turned down too hahaha