Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Change your own Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) with Carista app for Android

Old 09-18-15, 09:42 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by computerwi
Is there an update on the ability to program the TPMS sensors yet? Or is this still in beta?
The TPMS function in Carista is still in beta. So far you can only read the TPMS IDs , but you cannot save new ones, but we are still working on it, and hope to have an update soon.
Old 09-21-15, 09:00 PM
jbm79
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Not all settings are available for customization

Are all available personalized setting changeable using the Carista app?

I am having trouble customizing my 2013 ES300h and 2015 NX200t because not all options are available in the iOS app. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or it's just not all options are available (e.g. tilt away of steering wheel is not listed as an option that can be modified through the app, although it is a dealer-available setting for both of my vehicles).

If only some settings are available, I am very disappointed as that's the only reason why I purchased the full version of the app.

A warning to those expecting to be able to change every option:

Not all settings are available for customization

The way the Carista app is marketed, my impression was that you can change any setting in the vehicle as long as your vehicle supports it. Based on my experience, it seems you cannot change all settings.
The following users liked this post:
dmusik (02-27-18)
Old 09-22-15, 09:24 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jbm79
Are all available personalized setting changeable using the Carista app?

I am having trouble customizing my 2013 ES300h and 2015 NX200t because not all options are available in the iOS app. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or it's just not all options are available (e.g. tilt away of steering wheel is not listed as an option that can be modified through the app, although it is a dealer-available setting for both of my vehicles).

If only some settings are available, I am very disappointed as that's the only reason why I purchased the full version of the app.

A warning to those expecting to be able to change every option:

Not all settings are available for customization

The way the Carista app is marketed, my impression was that you can change any setting in the vehicle as long as your vehicle supports it. Based on my experience, it seems you cannot change all settings.
I believe you wrote us an email, and we just responded to you. You are correct that the tilt away of steering wheel is not available trough Carista (as it is technically more complicated), but there should be many other options available for you. Let us know if there are other options that you wish to change and are not available in Carista, and we will do our best to add them.

Also every person is free to see what options are available for their car by downloading the app and going to the customization menu (you only have to pay if you try to change a setting), and the settings that are available are different from car to car as it depends on the equipment it came with.
Old 09-29-15, 10:02 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

One thing I've noticed both in my IS and NX, is that the door unlock setting is reversed. When I select unlock when shifting into park in the Carista app, it actually sets the vehicle to unlock when opening the drivers door. The correct status, however, is observed in the vehicle's native setup functions.
Old 10-18-15, 03:14 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Hi all, just FYI, there's a few days left on our "group buy" for the Carista OBD adapter. You can buy the dongle/adapter with a 15% discount at $34 (USD). The offer is available only in the US & Canada and only until Oct. 20; shipping is free to both countries. More information about our adapter here: http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/

Use this link to purchase: http://www.caristaapp.com/groupbuy/866761-2/

Originally Posted by computerwi
One thing I've noticed both in my IS and NX, is that the door unlock setting is reversed. When I select unlock when shifting into park in the Carista app, it actually sets the vehicle to unlock when opening the drivers door. The correct status, however, is observed in the vehicle's native setup functions.
Hmmm, thanks for reporting this. We'll check it and fix it in the app.
Old 07-04-16, 01:48 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
Hi all, just FYI, there's a few days left on our "group buy" for the Carista OBD adapter. You can buy the dongle/adapter with a 15% discount at $34 (USD). The offer is available only in the US & Canada and only until Oct. 20; shipping is free to both countries. More information about our adapter here: http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/

Use this link to purchase: http://www.caristaapp.com/groupbuy/866761-2/

Hmmm, thanks for reporting this. We'll check it and fix it in the app.
Any more updates coming soon?

I have a 2016 lexus rx and there is no setting for the touch free trunk sensitivity!
Old 07-06-16, 04:28 PM
Earman
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I just purchased the Carista OBD adapter (I had not seen the group discount offer so I paid full price) and downloaded the 3.0 Beta version.

For those who are wondering, here is the list of available customization for an NX300h Executive Canadian version.

I just purchase the Carista OBD adapter (unfortunately I had not seen the group discount offer so I paid full price) and downloaded the Beta version. For those who are wondering here is the list of available customization for an NX300h

Last edited by Earman; 07-06-16 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-07-16, 12:52 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Thanks for posting! Just for future reference, you can also get this list in text format by going one screen back and pressing the "share" button on the top right to email yourself the list.
Old 07-07-16, 09:18 AM
Earman
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Ah, that would have been much simpler than screen capturing! Good to know! Thanks.
Old 07-15-16, 08:00 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Version 3.0 is officially released! Check out the new UI and a few new settings for most Lexus models!
Old 08-11-16, 03:09 PM
exdakine
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Purchased one yesterday and it looks like it was delivered to my home a few hours ago! Man Amazon is quick!
Old 08-11-16, 03:15 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by exdakine
Purchased one yesterday and it looks like it was delivered to my home a few hours ago! Man Amazon is quick!
Just wait until they start delivering with drones - 30min after you order!

Thanks for your purchase and enjoy Carista!
Old 09-28-16, 05:07 AM
RavenR6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing for pro.

So if I understand this right..... it will be $19 for 1 weeks of usage for the pro feature on the app. Or $30 every year?
When it was $19 for unlimited usage not too long ago?
That's a major price change.......
Old 10-01-16, 11:43 AM
ratobuza
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Carista app on 2013 GS450 - no service tools !

I recently bought the Carista OB2 adapter from Amazon and downloaded the app, based on what I read on the forums that TPMS can be read/programmed with latest version - however the service menu says there are options for my 2013 GS450h. Can you pls confirm TPMS programming is supported in version 3.1 or I need another app ?

Ratobuza
Old 10-01-16, 05:08 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RavenR6
So if I understand this right..... it will be $19 for 1 weeks of usage for the pro feature on the app. Or $30 every year?
When it was $19 for unlimited usage not too long ago?
That's a major price change.......
The current pricing is $9.99 for a 1-week pass or $39.99/year as a subscription.

Originally Posted by ratobuza
I recently bought the Carista OB2 adapter from Amazon and downloaded the app, based on what I read on the forums that TPMS can be read/programmed with latest version - however the service menu says there are options for my 2013 GS450h. Can you pls confirm TPMS programming is supported in version 3.1 or I need another app ?

Ratobuza
I just replied to your email as well. The TPMS feature is still in beta. Please reply to our email if you're interested in joining the beta.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Change your own Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) with Carista app for Android