Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Change your own Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) with Carista app for Android

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-15, 05:45 PM
adam2104
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I have a 2013 IS 250, which is technically a 2nd generation IS. I seen mention in here that the 2nd generation IS isn't supported, but 2013+ is. So, is the 2013 model the only 2nd gen IS that's supported? I wan to customize some settings.
Old 06-02-15, 06:03 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by adam2104
So, I have a 2013 IS 250, which is technically a 2nd generation IS. I seen mention in here that the 2nd generation IS isn't supported, but 2013+ is. So, is the 2013 model the only 2nd gen IS that's supported? I wan to customize some settings.
The 2nd gen IS is not supported, unfortunately (regardless of the year). In some markets, the 2013 model was a 3rd gen IS, that's why we put up that year as the starting year. But I can see how that's misleading, so I'll correct it.
Old 06-02-15, 06:04 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

By the way, for those who haven't heard yet, we've just released our own OBD adapter that works with both Android and iOS!

Selling an initial batch directly on our site now, and we'll soon make it available on Amazon in larger quantities (and in other countries).

Check it out here: http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/
Old 06-02-15, 06:20 PM
adam2104
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Carista
The 2nd gen IS is not supported, unfortunately (regardless of the year). In some markets, the 2013 model was a 3rd gen IS, that's why we put up that year as the starting year. But I can see how that's misleading, so I'll correct it.
Bummer. Thanks for the prompt reply though, looks like a handy tool. No love for any Hondas?
Old 07-02-15, 09:23 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any news on if or when TPMS programming will be part of the features? Ready to pull the trigger if so.
Old 07-08-15, 11:19 AM
Kayman
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Downloaded android app from Amazon for my 2015 GS app and synced to my car easily. BUT no ability to in app purchase upgrade. I ran tests but no faults which according to your website is how we are to click and follow prompts to purchase pro version. I see no pro version purchase option on screen. What to do?
Old 07-09-15, 07:59 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kayman
Downloaded android app from Amazon for my 2015 GS app and synced to my car easily. BUT no ability to in app purchase upgrade. I ran tests but no faults which according to your website is how we are to click and follow prompts to purchase pro version. I see no pro version purchase option on screen. What to do?
Unfortunately the version we have available in the Amazon app store is quite old and it does not support the features you are referring to (like testing for manufacturer-specific faults or customizations). We are working on getting the latest version of the app in the Amazon app store in the very near future.
Old 08-13-15, 02:07 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Hi all, this one is for all the Canadians in the house: the official Carista OBD adapter is now available on Amazon Canada!
Carista OBD Adapter for iPhone/iPad and Android, Code Readers & Scan Tools - Amazon Canada Carista OBD Adapter for iPhone/iPad and Android, Code Readers & Scan Tools - Amazon Canada

Old 08-19-15, 10:51 PM
Carbonite
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
Any news on if or when TPMS programming will be part of the features? Ready to pull the trigger if so.
I'm curious of this as well. Any news on if/when TPMS programming may be added?
Old 08-20-15, 04:26 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Carbonite
I'm curious of this as well. Any news on if/when TPMS programming may be added?
Actually it is already available in our beta. If you are interested in trying it out let us know at support@caristaapp.com
Old 09-01-15, 08:39 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any options for a Club Lexus discount or group buy?? Take my monies!! Lol. Thanks
Old 09-01-15, 08:42 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by shirosan
Any options for a Club Lexus discount or group buy?? Take my monies!! Lol. Thanks
Good timing!

We're just about to announce a group buy for a 15% discount on the hardware adapter, i.e. $34 USD shipped to the US (or equivalent discount in Canada). We just need 20 clublexus members to sign up. Who's in?
Old 09-03-15, 01:07 PM
silvrIS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Carista
Guys, I have some bad news for you pre-CAN Lexus owners. We hit a major road block with the implementation of customizations: the ELM327 chip is not able to initialize the communication with most Toyota/Lexus ECUs correctly. In other words, due to a non-standard initialization sequence that Toyota uses, the ELM chip cannot talk to them. Pretty much the only ECUs that use standard initialization are the OBD2 ones (engine, transmission, hybrid module, etc.) and the SRS airbag module. Everything else seems to use this non-standard initialization. This includes all the ECUs that control customizations, such as the "body", the "air conditioning", the "parking assist" and other chassis ECUs.

The ELM327 v2.0 and newer chips may actually be able to do it, but I haven't found a commercially-available Bluetooth device that uses ELM327 v2.0 or newer. There are some that claim to, but according to the reviews on Amazon, they don't.

So it looks like support for older models is halted for now. Sorry to disappoint. It's a hardware incompatibility of the ELM327 chip, not an issue with Carista's implementation.

We'll keep trying to find ways to do it, including talking to hardware manufacturers to see if they can incorporate a newer version of the ELM327 chip into their devices. But as it stands right now, our support for Lexus/Toyota/Scion will remain limited to the newer models that use the CAN protocol, i.e. the ones listed here: http://www.caristaapp.com/supported-vehicles/
Do all OBD devices use the same ELM327 microcontroller? I may be able to help debug the nonstandard initalization. I just need to find a device that supports it and has bluetooth functionality.
Old 09-16-15, 03:30 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by silvrIS350
Do all OBD devices use the same ELM327 microcontroller? I may be able to help debug the nonstandard initalization. I just need to find a device that supports it and has bluetooth functionality.
ELM327 v2.0 supports non-standard initialization for Toyota/Lexus and we're looking into utilizing that in our app. Older ELM327 versions don't support it, and almost all Chinese ELM327 devices that claim to be v2.1 are actually v1.4. Thanks for your interest in helping figure this out - we'll let you know if we need any info or have any new functionality related to that that needs testing.
Old 09-17-15, 10:48 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Is there an update on the ability to program the TPMS sensors yet? Or is this still in beta?

Quick Reply: Change your own Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) with Carista app for Android