Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Best Component Speakers? Audison? Hertz?

Old 03-11-14, 09:33 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MB Quart was considered great speakers back in the days, but not anymore... Ever since they were acquired by Maxxsonics - they are no longer a "German" brand
Old 03-11-14, 09:36 PM
dapimpee
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Focal as components and JL w6 as subs. Love them.
Old 03-12-14, 01:51 PM
natman
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
Dramatic much? I heard MB quart in one of the german brand cars i was riding in back in the day. It was good but not at the level of the mentioned set ups i heard. This was maybe 10+ yrs ago. It could have been a lesser mb quart model, old tech, etc. Plenty of factors. Plus there are no known dealers around my area. Mb quart or some of the other brands mentioned above, ie hybrid audio. I would never buy speakers i can't hear in person.
If you've decided on something else because you've heard MB Quarts and decided you would like something else, that's another thing entirely. Based on what was originally posted, it sounded like you were rejecting MBQ just because they had been used by a car manufacturer and therefore weren't sufficiently prestigious.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and I'm glad you got a system you liked. Enjoy.
Old 03-12-14, 02:19 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by natman
If you've decided on something else because you've heard MB Quarts and decided you would like something else, that's another thing entirely. Based on what was originally posted, it sounded like you were rejecting MBQ just because they had been used by a car manufacturer and therefore weren't sufficiently prestigious.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and I'm glad you got a system you liked. Enjoy.
It was poor wording on my part.

Also as far as one of your recommendations, I've seen reviews about Focal PS 165FX components. Apparently they are awesome and won a 2013-14 EISA award. The same award the audison voce av k6 components and audison av 5.1k amp won in years past. I'm not sure if this award means anything in the car audio world. I wish i could have listened to more brands and set ups. But luckily I am happy. This car audio game is like the equivalent of modding the your care in general, ie wheels, suspension, performance. You think you are happy and satisfied, but that itch for more always seems to pop out of nowhere. Could go lower, could get faster, could have nicer wheels,..so on and so forth

Last edited by Lex Luga; 03-12-14 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-12-14, 06:25 PM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
Hertz is Audison .... Audison is justt a higher line. I would suggest if you want true SQ go with Audson but be prepared to pay for them. Hertz sound great with the Hi energy line and the Mille for your money.
Umm audison is not a higher line. Audison and hertz is one company. Audison strictly was pure amps and hertz was just speakers. Now they do both. Hertz focus more on spl and audison more on sq.
Old 03-12-14, 06:36 PM
dapimpee
Pole Position

Boston Acoustic Pro series are also very good speakers and they are not too expensive.
Old 03-13-14, 06:15 PM
chrcrou26
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm shocked you never hear about Memphis anymore...high output. .life time warranty...directional and removable tweeters...Clean crisp loud...less then what you'll pay for JL too....good tuning and they'll last forever

Last edited by chrcrou26; 03-13-14 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-13-14, 08:00 PM
dapimpee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chrcrou26
I'm shocked you never hear about Memphis anymore...high output. .life time warranty...directional and removable tweeters...Clean crisp loud...less then what you'll pay for JL too....good tuning and they'll last forever
Memphis are good at amps and subs, not sure about their component speakers.
Old 03-14-14, 04:08 PM
chrcrou26
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Competition subs yes.....everyday use I'd spend less....you'd be amazed what the right box can do for a properly powered sub....it's not all about how many watts your pushing.....I've put many multi thousand dollar systems to shame with 1000 or less well spent dollars
Old 03-21-14, 01:38 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Late on the pics, but here they are.

Best Component Speakers?  Audison? Hertz?-1.jpeg
Best Component Speakers?  Audison? Hertz?-2.jpeg
Best Component Speakers?  Audison? Hertz?-3.jpeg
Best Component Speakers?  Audison? Hertz?-4.jpeg
Best Component Speakers?  Audison? Hertz?-44.jpg
Old 03-21-14, 01:40 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Best Component Speakers?  Audison? Hertz?-5.jpg
Best Component Speakers?  Audison? Hertz?-6.jpg

Under the sub and amp are custom wooden panels to replace the stock ones to fit perfectly snug. The processor is hidden. Only problem I encountered is my radio is somewhat static-ky for reasons unknown. Need to test out again. But I don't understand why that would be since the antenna is in the back windshield.

Last edited by Lex Luga; 03-21-14 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-24-14, 05:20 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by dapimpee
Boston Acoustic Pro series are also very good speakers and they are not too expensive.
sorry to disappoint..but Boston Acoustic went out off business a few years ago.. there are a few pieces floating around the net.. but nothing you can warranty....

@ Lex Luga.. awesome install... top quality work.. just a heads up if you can find them the Diamond D9 7"(2way) component set i'm running are the best i have ever heard (but i added the Focal Utopia 3" mids to make it a 3way set) superb sound quality..
Old 03-24-14, 08:30 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
sorry to disappoint..but Boston Acoustic went out off business a few years ago.. there are a few pieces floating around the net.. but nothing you can warranty....

@ Lex Luga.. awesome install... top quality work.. just a heads up if you can find them the Diamond D9 7"(2way) component set i'm running are the best i have ever heard (but i added the Focal Utopia 3" mids to make it a 3way set) superb sound quality..
Thanks. It's a very simple set up, but it's kind of what i wanted. I didn't want them using the spare tire space. Right now i called the shop to look into what's causing interference to my radio. It's so random because the antenna is on the back windshield from what I know, but since the install i definitely notice extra static, sometimes very strong static on very mainstream nyc based radio stations. Also im really thinking of asking them to change the blue leds to white leds to match my 5000k trunk led. The blue has been turning me off lately since it doesn't match.
Old 04-02-14, 08:43 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Install looks great! Have to admit that I'm not a fan of LEDs for the most part but really like what you did around the amp. That's the same amp I'm running in my '06 IS. How are you liking the Bit 10? I've considered using a Bit One as a processor but can't seem to pull the trigger. I'm running an aftermarket HU but not sure the time alignment with the Bit One would be better than what I have now with my Kenwood HU. VERY complicated to set up, to say the least. I'm pretty sure the Bit 10 is more of an OE integration divice where as the Bit One is a full on processor. Still need to do some homework on the processor issue but definitely don't want to drop a grand or so on a Bit One if it isn't going to make a significant improvement. Props for your install regardless and hope you are loving it!
Old 04-03-14, 12:04 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Slammer1
Install looks great! Have to admit that I'm not a fan of LEDs for the most part but really like what you did around the amp. That's the same amp I'm running in my '06 IS. How are you liking the Bit 10? I've considered using a Bit One as a processor but can't seem to pull the trigger. I'm running an aftermarket HU but not sure the time alignment with the Bit One would be better than what I have now with my Kenwood HU. VERY complicated to set up, to say the least. I'm pretty sure the Bit 10 is more of an OE integration divice where as the Bit One is a full on processor. Still need to do some homework on the processor issue but definitely don't want to drop a grand or so on a Bit One if it isn't going to make a significant improvement. Props for your install regardless and hope you are loving it!
Honestly I wouldn't know. I too need to do more research, but if i do that, I may just start buying more things LOL. I already inquired about what's causing static when I listen to the radio. I plan to get the LED's changed out to 5000k white to match the trunk light (wonder how much they are going to charge to replace LED's knowing i just spent an arm and a leg). I can't stand that my trunk light and the LED's surrounding the amp don't match! I should have mentioned it in the beginning but they never told me they were going to put LED's in the first place.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Component Speakers? Audison? Hertz?