Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Best Component Speakers? Audison? Hertz?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-14, 12:44 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Component Speakers? Audison? Hertz?

For a future project, I was wondering what are the best brands and models of component speakers for automobile are. I don't know too much specifics, but I hear Audison and Hertz are good for sound quality, mids and highs. I am not looking for bass since i already have a sub.
Old 02-15-14, 07:27 PM
natman
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

The best automotive speakers are A/D/S from the original company, made in the US. (A/D/S went out of business after the dot com crash and the name was bought to sell made in China speakers. Not the same thing)

Give MB Quart and Focal speakers a listen.
Old 02-20-14, 10:18 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

isn't MB quartz stock speakers for BMW or MB cars...I'm looking for TOP OF THE LINE component speakers to replace the stock speakers. I'm willing to spend TOP Dollar. AUDIOPHILES, no recommendations!?
Old 02-20-14, 10:35 AM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://fhrxstudios.com.au/faq.asp#0
The following users liked this post:
cbates74 (02-15-20)
Old 02-20-14, 09:38 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by "that boy"
Thanks very informative link. Def not trying to build a 10-20k system. Just the best system that'll replace all the stock component speakers. I'm trying to figure out what's the best component speakers (tweeters and mids) processor, and 5 channel amp. I'm keeping the JL10w7. New amp for sure tho. I'm surprised JL wasn't on any of their lists. I thought JL was one of the highest quality subwoofers out there.
Old 02-20-14, 10:36 PM
shahir18
Instructor

I had the combination of Hertz / Audison - Hertz Component powering with Audison Amp... I won over 12 trophies, placed as being the best sounding car (SQ / SQL) in Texas

My Build: http://imgur.com/a/SsIH7#0

Please NO JL, they are not of quality... they just have media name, brand popularity, and hype. Check out http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/ - Many of your questions have already been asked and that site would be able to help you out a lot!

My top pick brands in speakers and subwoofers would be:
Hertz
Dynaudio
Illusion Audio
Image Dynamics

For Amps:
Audison
ARC Audio
Mosconi
Tru-Tech
Old 02-21-14, 04:50 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the info! I will def check that forum out.

As far as SQ i would like my component speakers to be highest quality SQ, but as for my sub i want high SPL with decent SQ. And i really can't go bigger than 10 or 12in and i don't want 2 subs, only one. The 3gs trunk is tiny.

Also what kind of music do you listen to? Jus wondering what music you had in mind when your system was built.
I listen to r&b and hip hop. So that's probably something to consider.
Old 02-21-14, 05:49 AM
shahir18
Instructor

For the type of music you listen to and for the sake of clean spl to match with the clarity of the components, look into these subwoofers:

Digital Design
Fi Audio
Image Dynamics IDMax
Old 02-21-14, 07:30 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Are there 10" subs out of these brands you would recommend for mostly SPL..since you say these have clean SPL.

Looks like the Digital Design Z series is beast for SPL....but they don't show the price...I was assuming $700 on a 10" w7 sub was a lot already...im assuming this is past that and waaaaaaaaaaay up there

IDmax10"v.4 looks pretty good too for SPL..around $499 msrp

Last edited by Lex Luga; 02-21-14 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-21-14, 10:35 AM
shahir18
Instructor

If budget is of concern, the ideal sub would be the DD3510 or IDMAX 10"

Image dynamics would be more toward SQ, the DD would be more toward SPL
Old 02-21-14, 05:42 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

I wish i could hear both subs compared to my current jl10w7. It's tough judging just based on forums and word of mouth. I'm wondering how much better is the sq..is it that noticeable to a person that's not exactly an audiophile... Will it hit as hard.. Etc

Also what makes it tougher is that i just got my sub repaired from an authorized dealer, so i already have $ invested, even though the original investment was almost 3 yrs ago. So i would be dealing with selling the current sub and investing it into a new one.

Would the Jlw7 be that terrible with hertz components? I thought my current sub had good SPL to it and was pretty accurate/tight hitting the different types of bass, but i just wanted better mids and highs. Figured an SPL sub in a sealed enclosure with SQ components would balance out.. But I'm not sure if common sense would apply to audiophilism. I would like a high quality build at the end but I'm also not trying to win any competitions. Just for me and my passengers pure enjoyment.

Last edited by Lex Luga; 02-21-14 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-22-14, 08:36 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Decided to keep the jl10w7 thanks for your help though "that boy". Went to drop off the car this morning. They had the hertz and audison set up. Audison voce ak-k6 sounds so freakin clear like R Kelly was singing in my face. Def going audison 5.1 amp and voce ak-k6..they blew away the hertz esk out the water in terms of clarity and mid bass
Old 02-22-14, 08:53 AM
shahir18
Instructor

I haven't heard the audison line of compoents yet, but I'm sure they are nothing less then amazing. The audison amp is legendary... very clean, accurate, powerful, and stable!

The W7 is still a good sub, as long as you have the amp tuned well with the components - you should be good.
Old 02-22-14, 10:29 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Yes the owner of the shop was telling me the audison amp is like a timepiece, collectable lol. They also said they automatically dynamat behind all the speaker locations for these speakers and the bit10 processor will take around 8hrs to tune with multiple mics set up in the car... That's intense. I never knew this car audio stuff was this complex.

Originally i was going to pair the jl10w7 with a jl hd900/5 and go with hertz esk components. Then i compared the hertz and audison components and was blown away with the audison amp and audison voce av-k6. I figured if I'm spending a couple stacks on a system might as well get the one where you could really experience the difference in clarity and quality.

As for the jl 10w7 the owner of the shop was recommending i stick with it. He stated that guys who went from w7 to hertz / audison subs weren't too satisfied because it's really a different type of sub and sound...Esp the fact i listen to mostly r&b and hip hop.. Extra bump is fine over super clear bass. But imo i do think the 10w7 gives clear accurate bass for my music.
Old 02-22-14, 03:20 PM
jacobjohn
Driver

if you don't mind me ask, how much did they charge for install lex?

Quick Reply: Best Component Speakers? Audison? Hertz?