Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Best Component Speakers? Audison? Hertz?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-14, 10:14 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess you already went through with your purchase/install.

should've gave Hybrid Audio a look.

Audison and Hertz are good too. You should've gone to a car audio forum for more input. Caraudio.com has a very popular and active forum
Old 02-23-14, 05:42 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you like what you purchased. I ran Hertz HSK 165s for years before upgrading to the Hertz Mille components. I went with the Audison Voce 5.1k at the same time (allowed me to go active) and the difference was amazing. Lots of high quality drivers out there and while I love my set up, I've heard systems using some of the brands mentioned in this thread and they are amazing as well.
Old 02-23-14, 08:25 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by robertoyou
I guess you already went through with your purchase/install.

should've gave Hybrid Audio a look.

Audison and Hertz are good too. You should've gone to a car audio forum for more input. Caraudio.com has a very popular and active forum

Originally Posted by Slammer1
Glad you like what you purchased. I ran Hertz HSK 165s for years before upgrading to the Hertz Mille components. I went with the Audison Voce 5.1k at the same time (allowed me to go active) and the difference was amazing. Lots of high quality drivers out there and while I love my set up, I've heard systems using some of the brands mentioned in this thread and they are amazing as well.
Thanks for the info, I have seen some videos and forum threads about Hybrid audio and their Legatia Line. Looks like it recently won awards in 2013. It is more on the level (performance/price wise) of the Hertz Mille MLK line of speakers. That's on a price level that I'm not on, that 1st place at a SQ car audio competition level lol.
I'm not trying to build a car audio competition car! Although the amount i just dropped would make it seem like i was lol

I'm wondering can you get your car insurance provider to insure your car audio system? (serious question). Does anyone know?

Update: I did research and see that you can insure high end car stereo systems. Good to know and will be doing.

Last edited by Lex Luga; 02-24-14 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-23-14, 08:39 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Slammer1 I can imagine those other brands mentioned above sound great.

After this small amount of research, I've come to the conclusion there are so many high quality set ups that are out there and possible to build. A big deciding factor for me was that the shop I went to focus on JL and Hertz/Audison builds. For one, it would have been a pain to find a new shop who have the other brands mentioned above.

I have a good rapport with the owner and informed him about my recent research on high end car audio. He was even curious about what the threads were saying/recommending. He agreed with some recommendations and disagreed with some, but at the end of the day I feel he guided me to components and amp that have the sound I was looking for. It really helped he had a full Hertz/Audison component and sub set up in his store for me to listen to. I went through multiple switching of the different components to hear and choose which one i really liked.

Last edited by Lex Luga; 02-23-14 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-24-14, 07:26 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Having a good relationship with a reputable audio shop certainly goes a long way. One of my best friends owns a car audio shop and I trust his opinion completely. As the insurance goes, keep your receipts and you should be good. Have to be careful when trying to get your car audio to the "next level". It can be a slippery slope and quite addictive, trust me. Never satisfied.............
Old 02-24-14, 09:21 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Slammer1
Having a good relationship with a reputable audio shop certainly goes a long way. One of my best friends owns a car audio shop and I trust his opinion completely. As the insurance goes, keep your receipts and you should be good. Have to be careful when trying to get your car audio to the "next level". It can be a slippery slope and quite addictive, trust me. Never satisfied.............
Ooohhhh yeah.. I learned quickly as soon as i said i like this one over that one when listening to the in store set ups.
Old 03-02-14, 11:22 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

quick update, I got the car back this weekend and it sounds mind blowing good. I'm audiolistically, audiologically (making up words here) fcked since it sounds so good. Screwed every time I use my daily driver or go into someone else's car and hear the stock speaker set up LOL
Old 03-07-14, 04:37 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

And so it begins....... I thought my stereo sounded great and then I went to an SQ meet. Eye opening to say the least......... Did a complete rebuild and still chasing imaging and stage depth. Slippery slope bro, trust me. You don't know just how addictive the car audio bug can be.
Old 03-09-14, 10:11 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Hertz is Audison .... Audison is justt a higher line. I would suggest if you want true SQ go with Audson but be prepared to pay for them. Hertz sound great with the Hi energy line and the Mille for your money.
Old 03-09-14, 10:14 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

post install pictures
Old 03-10-14, 09:57 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

The components are in factory location but the amp and sub are both in custom boxes in the right and left spaces in the trunk. I have them posted in 3GS section. Will post here when i get a chance to go on my laptop. One problem i encountered is that when i have the radio on, i hear some extra static that was never there before.. Real head scratcher because i thought the antenna on the 3gs was on the back window.

Last edited by Lex Luga; 03-10-14 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-10-14, 10:11 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
Hertz is Audison .... Audison is justt a higher line. I would suggest if you want true SQ go with Audson but be prepared to pay for them. Hertz sound great with the Hi energy line and the Mille for your money.
I thought the Hertz Mille line is more expensive than the Audison Voce line. But maybe not as much as the Audison thesis line? If that's what you meant. Also i think the highest end set ups they had in store were the hertz mille mlk components and the audison voce av k6 components. I don't think they had the thesis line set up there, but I could have been mistaken.

As far as my pov, both mille mlk and voce av k6 had great highs but the mid bass on the voce was spectacular, so I went with them.
Old 03-11-14, 09:14 AM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Voice line of Audison is between the High Energy and Mille Line. The Thesis Compares to the Mille or even higher.
Old 03-11-14, 11:11 AM
natman
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex Luga
isn't MB quartz stock speakers for BMW or MB cars...I'm looking for TOP OF THE LINE component speakers to replace the stock speakers. I'm willing to spend TOP Dollar. AUDIOPHILES, no recommendations!?

So let me get this straight: you're rejecting MB Quart - without listening to them - because they make speakers used by Mercedes Benz and BMW?

A/D/S once made speakers used in Land Rovers. I guess I had better tear my A/D/S system out right now. Oh, the shame!!!
Old 03-11-14, 07:07 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by natman
So let me get this straight: you're rejecting MB Quart - without listening to them - because they make speakers used by Mercedes Benz and BMW?

A/D/S once made speakers used in Land Rovers. I guess I had better tear my A/D/S system out right now. Oh, the shame!!!
Dramatic much? I heard MB quart in one of the german brand cars i was riding in back in the day. It was good but not at the level of the mentioned set ups i heard. This was maybe 10+ yrs ago. It could have been a lesser mb quart model, old tech, etc. Plenty of factors. Plus there are no known dealers around my area. Mb quart or some of the other brands mentioned above, ie hybrid audio. I would never buy speakers i can't hear in person. But if people have recommendations of speakers that I can hear personally, I'll def keep it in mind when I'm searching for what to get.

My audio dealer had specific brands and models. I've read and watched reviews on my components and amplifier. I've also seen the eisa awards they won in recent years. This all factored in when i pulled the trigger. The biggest deciding factor was how the components sound live. My audio dealer originally recommended hertz hsk 165. I wasn't satisfied with the sound. So went a little higher.

As i said earlier, I'm sure there are plenty of car audio brands that sound great and cost tons of money. I'm absolutely happy with my purchase and set up.

Last edited by Lex Luga; 03-11-14 at 07:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Best Component Speakers? Audison? Hertz?