VAIS Sirius Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-13, 10:26 AM
jediroger
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAIS Sirius Install

Hello fellow club Lexus members,

I own an IS250 andI recently picked up a used Vais SLS2 with SCC1 tuner for the long distance travel I've been doing, I'm planning on doing the install by myself and have read several threads (removing the head unit, installing the vais adapter, installing the shark fin adapter), etc. to help with the process.

Just a couple quick questions:

Im going to purchase the shark fin antenna adapter from Vais. Do you need to remove the rear seats to run the cable to the trunk?

Can anyone recommend a set of a trim removal tools so I won't destroy my dash, vents, and other trim pieces?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-11-13, 12:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Astro Pneumatic 4505 5-Piece Fastener and Molding Remover Set - Amazon.com Astro Pneumatic 4505 5-Piece Fastener and Molding Remover Set - Amazon.com

this is what i have

but for the IS upper vents, you need something a lot smaller. and be careful

for the shark fin, the stock plug is in the trunk on the right hand side,so i think you will need to somehow run the cable through the rear seats
Old 09-11-13, 05:25 PM
jediroger
Rookie

Thanks for the response! I'm going to try the set you recommended and look for a smaller tool for the upper vents.

I'm hoping to not have to remove the rear seats but it's sounding like I might have to. But having sirius will be a great plus.
Old 09-16-13, 08:40 PM
jediroger
Rookie

Thanks again for the advice I just ordered the Astro-Pneumatic-4524-Auto-Fastener-and-Molding-Removal-Tool-Set-11-Piece from eBay. It was about $17 bucks and free shipping. I also just ordered the Vais SFA12 antenna adapter for the shark fin.

It was hard to buy a $ 60 dollar cable but I think the seamless look is worth it. Careful of shipping prices on Vais: It costs $18 to ship directly from their website vs. going through the Vais Amazon store for 5.00 shipping.