Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vais SL3X Channel Update (ML but Non Nav)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-13, 05:35 AM
Crispy3M
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vais SL3X Channel Update (ML but Non Nav)

Hey guys,

I've sent a PM to VaisTec but in case I don't get a response and/or anyone else is interested, I thought I'd post the question here.

I've posted my impressions of the SL3X in another thread and they were less than shiny. This unit does accomplish the task but it's certainly not user friendly nor are the instructions that come with it. The fact that it is unable to handle a simple channel lineup change makes it even less appealing, but I digress...

I have a SL3X unit in my 2004 ML Non Nav GX470 working in CD Emulation Mode. It works well enough but every time SiriusXM changes their channel lineup, it sends my SL3X into a spin. The latest change now causes my unit to start up on the wrong channel and sometimes even the preview channel.

I think the unit just needs a channel update but I'm fairly certain that the published channel update procedures don't apply to my HU.

I've called SiriusXM and they have Re-Hit the HU but I still have the same problem.

I've posted the Update procedure found online which is the same one included in my owners manual.

Channel List Update Steps for SoundLinq3 SL3x model

1. Use the "AM" or "AM/SAT" button to cycle to SAT3. (Doesn't Apply)

2. Tune to channel 255. (Channel 255 not available)

3. Depending on your radio model, press the "Type Scan" or "SCAN" button 8 times (quickly within 3 seconds) to hear a long beep. (This is the only step that actually works)

4. Use the "AM" or "AM/SAT" button to cycle through AM–SAT1 –SAT2 – and back to SAT3. (Nope)

5. Push and hold "RESCAN" or "Preset #4" on your radio to hear a short beep. (No Rescan button and Preset #4 is Disc Up)

6. Unit will automatically switch to SAT1. (Nope)

7. "Updating" will start blinking, indicating that the update is in progress. (Nope)

8. Make sure to let the "Channel List" fully update be fore you use your Radio again. This will take 2-3 minutes. (Nope)

9. Once the update is complete, another short beep will sound, and “Updating” will disappear. (Nope)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited by Crispy3M; 05-24-13 at 07:33 AM.