Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Do not bother with Vais Tech multimedia units for our cars

Old 07-11-14, 11:32 AM   #16
GS300OC
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvzzz View Post
Now, few folks follow up on previous reviews, but I will. 2.5 years into the life of the Vais Tech VML product, here are my thoughts on Multimedia Linq line of products and Vais Tech in general. In short do not bother with their units:
One of their top guys did say to me openly "don't you worry, this unit is modular and upgradable for a long while" BUT here is the truth after I sank $390 into the unit:
1) they stop supporting firmware for within 12-18 months, so you have a deadend product very quickly
2) they do not add any new features but rather push you to buy "new and upgraded" hardware to get any new features that others typically offer to you for free as a sw update (think smartphones and tablets)
3) no trade-in programs, so you have obsolete hardware within 12 months, to be fair it plays music you just cannot add new and interesting features to it, to me it is obsolete, if it is not programmable then it is deadend
4) they do not like to add support for open-souce formats like ogg or ALAC even though both are free, FLAC it is if you want lossless or WAV with no tagging...
5) Their support gets condescending quickly with you and says "You do not buy 2010 car and expect it to have 2013 features, actually Lexus does add features to their MultiMedia units and so does Honda and MB.

All in all, I am hugely disappointed, I bought their products for 7 years and was a happy beta tester for them but this time with regrets I must say, Vais Tech took a wrong term and their customer care is not where it used to be. My recommendation is DO NOT BUY.
It is this type of attitude that is wrong with the current landscape of consumers.

They want everything, but they don't want to pay for it. It is not a deadend product, it's just old! You got your 4 years of value, if you want the newer features, buy the newer model! Your software is limited by your hardware!

Put yourself in their shoes, and now look at your own behavior.

/rant off.....
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
GS300OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-14, 05:58 PM   #17
toyo
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS300OC View Post
Their bad for overstating the capabilities of their product, but cut them some slack because you are using it outside of what it was designed to do (mirror headrests monitors.
If he told them his intentions before he purchased the item and they said it will work I don't see what he did wrong. His expectations were not met from what he was told.
2001 RX300 AWD Mineral Green
toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-14, 07:13 PM   #18
GS300OC
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo View Post
If he told them his intentions before he purchased the item and they said it will work I don't see what he did wrong. His expectations were not met from what he was told.
No you are correct, VAIS did overstate or incorrectly state the capabilities of their unit. It won't mirror HIS particular multi monitor DVD setup.

But it DOES do what it is supposed to do "stock", which is give him audio/video mirroring to his OEM screen.

Again, I just thought that it is a little harsh for him to say that they are a "BS company, and waste of time". He is entitled to his opinion which is fine, I just wish that people on the interwebz would act and speak with more respect to others. I know, I'm a total idealist but that's just me.
Old 07-25-14, 06:55 AM   #19
reyoasian
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (2)

reyoasian

lol all of op's points just sounds like a whining little baby

this is like an ipad user demanding apple to add retina display to his first generation ipad

lmfao
reyoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 07:41 AM   #20
roadfrog
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyoasian View Post
lol all of op's points just sounds like a whining little baby

this is like an ipad user demanding apple to add retina display to his first generation ipad

lmfao
Or you buy a laptop or desktop computer and a few years later, you complain that you can't play the latest game or run the latest version of software. Or watch 3D movies on your 4 year old TV.

I don't get the rant.

2008 LS460 Black/Black
Prestigious Society Bypass Module. Staggered 20" TSR Wheels/Falken FK452 Tires,painted calipers, LED "Audi Style" DRL's, Full LED interior, 5k HID bulbs, 20% tint
roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 09:22 AM   #21
greg3852
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfrog View Post
Or you buy a laptop or desktop computer and a few years later, you complain that you can't play the latest game or run the latest version of software. Or watch 3D movies on your 4 year old TV.

I don't get the rant.
It's crazy. I bought an Atari 2600 and when I called them they told me there was no way I could play Titanfall on it. WTH? I can't even add a couple TB hard drives to it? And no USB 3.0. I tried to trade it in and they told me I couldn't. Atari sucks....

2007 LS 460 SWB Smoky Granite Mica
2000 HD Wide Glide
greg3852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 02:47 PM   #22
Rickna
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3852 View Post
It's crazy. I bought an Atari 2600 and when I called them they told me there was no way I could play Titanfall on it. WTH? I can't even add a couple TB hard drives to it? And no USB 3.0. I tried to trade it in and they told me I couldn't. Atari sucks....
I did the same thing with Coleco Vision...Lol

2009 ISF Ultrasonic Blue
| K & N | BeatSonic |VAIS Tech | Wald Reps | iJDMTOY | Retrofit Source|

2001 BMW 330xi Green-Gray Metallic
| K & N | Koni | Eibach | Custom Audio | Endless Maintenance |
Rickna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 11:56 AM   #23
GS300OC
Driver School Candidate

The moral of the story.... if you want the latest and greatest.... buy the newer stuff.

I'm happy with my GROM.... bluetooth audio and hands free calling.... good enough for me!!! lol
Old 08-04-14, 11:56 AM

Tags
iphone, lexus, linq, mml, multimedia, review, sl3b, support, vais