Sponsored by:

1997 es300 radio won't turn on after aftermarket hu install

Old 05-04-13, 10:31 PM
navdeepasi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 es300 radio won't turn on after aftermarket hu install

Hi all,
I was installing a double din unit in my 97 es300. I removed the factory HU, and using an integration harness for the premium sound system plugged in the aftermarket HU. It didn't get any power. I then re-connected the factory HU and it also stopped working. I check both radio fuses (under the hood and under the steering wheel) and they were both fine. I did not disconnect the battery when I did any of this. I also didnt have to splice any wires or anything, the integration harness is plug and play. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I've been hearing things about a junction box but Im not sure what this is and where it is located in my car. Is it a part I need to order to replace or is it commonly found in an auto parts store.

Many thanks for any help
Old 05-05-13, 06:45 PM
navdeepasi
Driver School Candidate

I checked both fuses and they are fine (they have continuity, and i get 12 V to the fuses). I then checked the radio connector. The ground has continuity, the acc gets 12 V, but the B+ or battery gets nothing. I'm really not sure where the problem is, could it be coming from the J14 junction connector? or maybe the amplifier?
Old 04-26-21, 08:17 AM
KaylNelson
Driver School Candidate

Did you ever get it to work? I am having the same issue and cannot find anything. I have checked all the fuses, rewired all the wires but there is nothing wrong with those. Recently, my turn signals went out and the fuse for those is fine too. It could be the relay, but I am not sure. Any help is appreciated
Old 04-27-21, 09:11 AM
BMeek
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Did you mess with the factory amp? In the stock setup, the 12v accessory, constant and ground all flow through the amplifier behind the glovebox and then to the head unit via that 15-pin connector.