Sponsored by:

Nakamichi Amp Input Signal

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-13, 08:45 PM
Ozzzzy
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Nakamichi Amp Input Signal

I blew the Nak woofer amp. I accidentally bought a Nak amp that drives all the speakers. When you have a woofer amp, the stereo puts out a -WF and +WF signal into the amp and of course the amp has a -WF and +WF output to the woofer. With this amp that drives all the speakers including the woofer, the stereo puts out +and- signal for the four speakers but no specific +and- WF signal for the woofer but has outputs for the four spakers AND the woofer. My question is if anybody knows which of the signals driver the woofer or is it a combination of all four speaker signals.
Old 02-22-13, 07:19 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts

How do you expect to get help if you don't tell us which car you have. All Nakamichi Lexus systems are not the same.

Maybe this 1996 SC400 Nakamichi system diagram will help. From your profile I'm assuming you have a 95 SC300.
Attached Files
Old 02-23-13, 09:35 AM
Ozzzzy
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I've seen various wiring diagrams from other vehicles that have the Nak amp that drives all the speakers and the woofer and none of them had specific +WF and -WF inputs but WF outputs so I didn't think it was relevant. I assume that all of them operate the same way by taking one or more + and - speaker signals and producing an internal -WF and +WF output.