Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Any way to check current XM subscription?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-13, 05:51 PM
thatnewguy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any way to check current XM subscription?

So I bought a used ISF recently and it has an active XM subscription. Is there any way to see how long it will last without drawing a red flag for the account to be shut down?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-16-13, 08:32 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts

The only way I know is to check the account status on the SiriusXM website. But of course you can't do that since you don't have your own account.

You'll find out when or if it gets cancelled if you listen to it regularly. Then you can set up a new account if you still want it. Or if you are "lucky", the previous owner of your car is set up for automatic renewal and won't notice the charge on his credit card! SiriusXM is hemorrhaging subscribers almost as fast as they are adding them with most of their new customers being promotional subscriptions on new cars. We let the trial XM subscription on our Prius expire three months ago and the damned thing just won't go away - not an XM fan but I check about once a week to see. I wonder if we are still getting service so that SiriusXM can "pump up their numbers" so that they look better to investors as their share price erodes.

I was stunned when a SiriusXM rep told me that the best deal they could give me on a renewal was $199/year. I wouldn't give them that much for a lifetime subscription. My view might be different if I lived where there were few FM stations and no or poor cell phone service.

Personally, I would rather listen to the 70,000 radio stations on TuneIn, or to Pandora, Slacker or other Internet audio streaming services while I drive.