Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVH-P8400BH(2DIN) Installed in my Lexus ES 350!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-13, 08:49 AM
twistedman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SICK350
I just ordered a CCD Sony camera off of Aliexperss for $27, I verified b4 I ordered that the light is a white led. Hopefully it matches or a bulb retro fit might be in my future. I added a link of the camera I bought, ill let u know how it turns out.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...753753432.html
Sounds very promising! Keep me posted.. If light does match up perfectly ill pick up camera for sure! Also can't wait to see your HU pwr'd up!!
Old 03-16-13, 01:09 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by twistedman
I have to wait 10 more days till I get my cam installed.. Can't wait!!!! Don't be shy man, post up when you get those things done with some pics! Thank God for that kit from aliexpress, metra wanted to charge me close to $400 for a custom made one... Love my new radio!!!

I am curious, where did you tie the head unit into the reverse signal to get it to switch to backup cam mode?

BTW, I noticed you were a good ol' canadian boy when I saw your winter black steelies on your youtube vid of your headunit install! Luckily I don't have to run steelies, as I have a 2nd set of OEM rims that I bought off an elederly gentleman :S

Last edited by iceblast; 03-16-13 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-16-13, 01:50 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Thanks for all the replies!!! For Navigation im currently using NavFree(Canada) via App Mode by plugging in my Iphone 4s using a cable that came with the Pioneer unit which ive stored away in my glove box..

Here are some pics!!!

Im also running one 12inch PolkAudio sub powered by a JL Audio 250/1 Series amp.. I must say sound quality inside my car sounds great with this HU, coupled with the base coming from my sub, all is GOOD!!!!

More pics!!!

In a couple of weeks i should have my back up camera installed!!!

"][ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lexus-ES350-Backup-Camera-Monitor/dp/B005TYF6RE"]

Im just waiting for it to arrive!!!
Did you leave the stock component speakers in the doors and the stock tweeters? I was thinking of just changing these out alone, and try and remain with the stock amp and stock sub....
Old 03-17-13, 05:05 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Originally Posted by iceblast
I am curious, where did you tie the head unit into the reverse signal to get it to switch to backup cam mode?

BTW, I noticed you were a good ol' canadian boy when I saw your winter black steelies on your youtube vid of your headunit install! Luckily I don't have to run steelies, as I have a 2nd set of OEM rims that I bought off an elederly gentleman :S
What's up iceblast!! The yellow wire was used to get the back up signal from the tail light, & the Violet/white wire at the back of the HU is where the yellow wire was hooked into to trigger the cam display.
Old 03-17-13, 05:25 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Did you leave the stock component speakers in the doors and the stock tweeters? I was thinking of just changing these out alone, and try and remain with the stock amp and stock sub....
Eventually I do plan on replacing all the factory speakers and run them all off a new amp which will sound really good! But to be strait up with you I am really pleased with the way the factory speakers are sounding with the Pioneer HU. After running the Auto Eq Messurment I get no distortion from any of my speakers.. So I'm not in any rush to change them out!

The only thing I've changed is my Sub! I had the one 12inch in a vented box, but I've gone back to running my two 12inch JL audio WOs v1s. Love how deep and clean the base sounds with these woofers..

Old 03-18-13, 01:25 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

I may try my custom 15" from Fix My Speaker. David built it for sealed but according to my simulations, it will run fine in the box that a friend recently returned to me. Now I need to sneak a 3 cubic foot box and 65 pound sub into the trunk without my wife noticing.

Old 03-18-13, 06:08 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Originally Posted by Robert_J
I may try my custom 15" from Fix My Speaker. David built it for sealed but according to my simulations, it will run fine in the box that a friend recently returned to me. Now I need to sneak a 3 cubic foot box and 65 pound sub into the trunk without my wife noticing.

Nice! But good luck trying to hide that from her, with all that "Cone Area", and when that sub hits between 40-20hz, the SPL is gonna knock her out of the seat!! LOL I had a 15inch Petra's prowler back in the day! It used to bottom out a lot but it hit hard!!
Old 03-19-13, 08:25 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

That's a 60 pound Konaki sub motor paired with a TC Sounds Ti basket and the rest of the parts came from Fix My Speaker dot com. David built that sub to my specs which were sealed and the ability to handle 1,600w in a home theater. That means it digs deep.

I haven't seen Prowler subs in decades. But I did recently refoam my Earthquake EQ 15's from 1991. Four 15's, four 6.5's, two 2" dome mids and four 10mm dome tweeters in a CRX powered by PPI and Orion amps.
Old 03-19-13, 10:34 AM
twistedman
Rookie

Originally Posted by Robert_J
That's a 60 pound Konaki sub motor paired with a TC Sounds Ti basket and the rest of the parts came from Fix My Speaker dot com. David built that sub to my specs which were sealed and the ability to handle 1,600w in a home theater. That means it digs deep.

I haven't seen Prowler subs in decades. But I did recently refoam my Earthquake EQ 15's from 1991. Four 15's, four 6.5's, two 2" dome mids and four 10mm dome tweeters in a CRX powered by PPI and Orion amps.
Here's your Konaki sub being plugged into a 120V socket.. Crazy. Lol

This ones a 12inch but same power!!

Last edited by twistedman; 03-19-13 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-19-13, 11:39 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
That's a very clean install how much did everything cost?
Old 03-19-13, 01:35 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Eventually I do plan on replacing all the factory speakers and run them all off a new amp which will sound really good! But to be strait up with you I am really pleased with the way the factory speakers are sounding with the Pioneer HU. After running the Auto Eq Messurment I get no distortion from any of my speakers.. So I'm not in any rush to change them out!

The only thing I've changed is my Sub! I had the one 12inch in a vented box, but I've gone back to running my two 12inch JL audio WOs v1s. Love how deep and clean the base sounds with these woofers..
Thats a crazy setup! A little too much boom boom for me ... I just want to replace my headunit and see how it sounds.Hopefully can score a deal on a pioneer deck with navi, I like the 7 in. screen as it looks really clean, although the 6.1 in. ones with the ***** are a little more convenient I think. I hope to attempt this install myself this summer, as I don't really trust those install shops!
I NEED an autostarter! Any ideas for that? Maybe I should get that installed professionally this summer also, and I think if I prefab the headunit it would be a good time to get it swapped too.

Next would be the component speakers, probably with focals or JLs CRs. Just trying to decide whether I should get an aftermarket amp for the components or not. Again, hope to do all the install myself, as I am paranoid about the shops lol.
Old 03-19-13, 05:35 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
That's a very clean install how much did everything cost?
I payed under 900 for everything! I could have done it myself and saved a lot of money but I simply do not have the time to do it!! Very busy.. When I decide to swap the rest of the speakers ill defiantly do that on my own! I have a lot of vacation time coming up this year..
Old 03-19-13, 05:43 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Thumbs up

Thats a crazy setup! A little too much boom boom for me ... I just want to replace my headunit and see how it sounds.Hopefully can score a deal on a pioneer deck with navi, I like the 7 in. screen as it looks really clean, although the 6.1 in. ones with the ***** are a little more convenient I think. I hope to attempt this install myself this summer, as I don't really trust those install shops!
I NEED an autostarter! Any ideas for that? Maybe I should get that installed professionally this summer also, and I think if I prefab the headunit it would be a good time to get it swapped too.

Next would be the component speakers, probably with focals or JLs CRs. Just trying to decide whether I should get an aftermarket amp for the components or not. Again, hope to do all the install myself, as I am paranoid about the shops lol.
That's a crazy settup eh! Lol but I do appreciate when someone comes in bringing the thunder!
Old 06-13-15, 04:41 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Finally had everything put back together and....

The end result..

My daughter couldnt resist the photo opportunity lol
I bought one of these and installed it. The only issue I'm having is the angle the camera sits, is too far low. About half my screen is the bumper/license plate.

Any ideas to remount the camera angle?