Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVH-P8400BH(2DIN) Installed in my Lexus ES 350!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-13, 03:38 PM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by twistedman
No prob! I can't wait to see what you end up going with inside your lex!
I'm liking kenwood recently, but I've always been a alpine boy. We will see what I end up choosing
Old 01-05-13, 11:55 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I covered a lot of the steps in my DIY install thread. It did take me a little longer than twistedman's installer but I don't do this professionally.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-a-2007-a.html

Last edited by Robert_J; 01-05-13 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-05-13, 05:38 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Originally Posted by Robert_J
I covered a lot of the steps in my DIY install thread. It did take me a little longer than twistedman's installer but I don't do this professionally.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-a-2007-a.html
I must say Rob, I have to give you props!!! I saw your YouTube vid and seen your massive build thread!!! Thanks for all the info.. You were the first Es I've seen this done to!!!
Old 01-07-13, 05:44 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by twistedman
I must say Rob, I have to give you props!!! I saw your YouTube vid and seen your massive build thread!!! Thanks for all the info.. You were the first Es I've seen this done to!!!
You are welcome. That's why I like giving back to forums like this. I've grabbed more than my share of information from here and about a dozen other sites.

Actually, I wasn't the first do the head unit swap. 3 or 4 people before me had purchased that install kit but I was the first to post about it. The system is still going strong. My wife keeps bugging me about installing her mic so she can "bluetooth" on her phone as she calls it. While I have it out of the dash, I will install a backup cam and a volume control for the sub.
Old 01-07-13, 08:52 AM
twistedman
Rookie

You are welcome. That's why I like giving back to forums like this. I've grabbed more than my share of information from here and about a dozen other sites.

Actually, I wasn't the first do the head unit swap. 3 or 4 people before me had purchased that install kit but I was the first to post about it. The system is still going strong. My wife keeps bugging me about installing her mic so she can "bluetooth" on her phone as she calls it. While I have it out of the dash, I will install a backup cam and a volume control for the sub.
I have to wait 10 more days till I get my cam installed.. Can't wait!!!! Don't be shy man, post up when you get those things done with some pics! Thank God for that kit from aliexpress, metra wanted to charge me close to $400 for a custom made one... Love my new radio!!!
Old 01-15-13, 06:21 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

I watched your video on using the auto calibration. When I tried it on my car, I couldn't get past the parking brake check. I know you have the brake bypass installed also. Can you through the steps? Turn off car. Turn on radio. Etc. Or is your video correct?

If I can get mine to work, I will run an additional test. I noticed you ran the calibration with a home receiver mic. I have both mics since I use a Pioneer receiver in my home theater. In fact, I've used Pioneers in my home and car since the 1980's.
Old 01-15-13, 10:46 AM
twistedman
Rookie

I watched your video on using the auto calibration. When I tried it on my car, I couldn't get past the parking brake check. I know you have the brake bypass installed also. Can you through the steps? Turn off car. Turn on radio. Etc. Or is your video correct?

If I can get mine to work, I will run an additional test. I noticed you ran the calibration with a home receiver mic. I have both mics since I use a Pioneer receiver in my home theater. In fact, I've used Pioneers in my home and car since the 1980's.
Hmmmmm! this is how mine is set up... for starters when people have the by pass done they usually use this... PAC TR7

To my understanding the Tr7 does the bypass successfully via a built in relay inside the unit... but that relay is whats causing the problem with the Auto EQ..
Old 01-15-13, 11:04 AM
twistedman
Rookie

Im using a toggle switch for my bypass.. the toggle switch has 2 wires, one for ground and the other attached to the parking brake.. so i have to flip that switch up and down in order to trick the radio into thinking that the parking brake is engaged. that means No need for a RELAY. Also the reason why my installer did it this way is to avoid any legality of having the PAC TR7 installed inside my car, You never know!!!!!

Old 01-15-13, 11:35 AM
twistedman
Rookie

As far as the steps involved in setting up Auto EQ! I didnt have to flip the switch at all when i started the test. My parking brake was already engaged. MY Car was not turned on! make sure you are inside your garage that way it is nice and quiet for the testing.. The mic i used was from my Pioneer VSX-920 home theater Receiver..

1. Press the Stop/Start(Engine) button once to power up the radio... do not press down on break pedal or car will Start.! Car must be Off for testing..

2.Press home button

3. Look for "System" which will be highlighted and press it.

4. Scroll down and look for Auto Eq Measurement and press it..

Your radio will open up exposing where you plug in your MIC...After you plug in the MIC press start and get out of the car!!!

My friend has the exact same radio, with the same toggle switch being used for his parking brake bypass installed inside his 2009 Mazda 6 and his Auto EQ works as well!!!
Old 01-15-13, 12:28 PM
twistedman
Rookie

One more thing, the pioneer hu has to SEE a gap/delay in time during on/off/on of the parking brake engaging. The TR7 or if your using a MICRO bypass, both mimic this delay very well. But pioneer has caught on and updated their firmware on their units rendering these bypass solutions usless causing people to have to go out and purchase updated versions of either a MICRO BYPASS or PAC TR7.

Thats another reason why i have the toggle installed, cause any future updates, or if i decide to change to another HU, will not have any affect on the toggle.. just flip the toggle as needed..
Old 01-16-13, 08:42 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

I'm using a cheap, micro bypass from Ebay. I thought about adding a switch and now you convinced me of the necessity of one. But it will probably wait until spring. I don't know how you Canadians do anything during cold weather.
Old 01-16-13, 01:13 PM
jacobjohn
Driver

damn, if only I had the funds to do this, because weather here in georgia is just fine! Right now its a cool 60 degrees and yesterday it was 73!
Old 01-16-13, 01:51 PM
twistedman
Rookie

35F 2C here in Ontario!!!! When the sun was out i still filled up 2buckets of hot water and hand washed my lexus inside my garage lol... Guess you get used to it after many years of experiencing the cold...

FYI, the reason why the bypass doesnt work is because when you have the head unit powered off to do the Auto EQ, the HU doesnt have the Amp turn on lead powered so the Relay does not function..
Old 01-17-13, 03:49 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Default Back up camera!!!

Finally installed my back up camera... some pics!!

received it in the mail...

Tested and made sure the light worked..

Old 01-17-13, 03:53 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Removed the licence plate and this cover from the back of the trunk!!

Removed the orignal OEM licence plate bulb..

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-P8400BH(2DIN) Installed in my Lexus ES 350!!!