Sponsored by:

Car Alarms?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-12, 04:38 PM
AEeighty6
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car Alarms?

Sorry guys...I was trying to look through all the threads and was overwhelmed with all the awesomeness so I decided to ask you guys the question lol...what alarms are you guys running?...

I am thinking of getting the Viper 5902 for my 01 Lexus GS430, it is about 260 shipped but the installation kills me around here...I am able to get an Autopage RS730 http://www.autopageusa.com/t_inside....6-415b69298e0d

for $450 installed including auto start and tilt sensor and was wondering if anyone has experience with them? I have read some good reviews on sonicelectronix.com but wanted to know what the Lexus community thought. Thanks again and hopefully you guys will be able to help me on my decision!
Old 12-08-12, 08:42 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by AEeighty6
Sorry guys...I was trying to look through all the threads and was overwhelmed with all the awesomeness so I decided to ask you guys the question lol...what alarms are you guys running?...

I am thinking of getting the Viper 5902 for my 01 Lexus GS430, it is about 260 shipped but the installation kills me around here...I am able to get an Autopage RS730 http://www.autopageusa.com/t_inside....6-415b69298e0d

for $450 installed including auto start and tilt sensor and was wondering if anyone has experience with them? I have read some good reviews on sonicelectronix.com but wanted to know what the Lexus community thought. Thanks again and hopefully you guys will be able to help me on my decision!
Personally, I love Autopage and I prefer to use that brand for all my installs. The price for the RS730 isnt terrible but it could be a bit cheaper based on geographic location. Also look into the Rs-665 2way. Basically the same unit without the built in starter kill and some other add-ons. Any decent installer can add them for you though. The unit itself retails for roughly $20-$30 cheaper than the 730.
Old 12-10-12, 07:50 AM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an ungo sr9000. pretty much similar to a Viper.. same manufacture (DEI)

I like autopage alarms as-well.

Whatever you can get the better deal.

I just love how i have two key fobs. factory alarm + aftermarket alarm.

The stock key fob can unlock the car and set the aftermarket alarm off.
Just remember what order you locked it in and unlock it in reverse.

Or just carry one keyfob.
Old 12-10-12, 03:20 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

for the money.. get the 5901 instead of the 5902..the ONLY difference is the color remote.. an the battery in the color remote dies about every 2weeks.. the noncolor last about 6weeks.. plus u can add smart start w gps
Old 12-12-12, 01:59 PM
samlebo44
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto on liking the Autopage.
Though if I had deeper pockets the Cliffords have got some nice features
Old 12-17-12, 04:30 PM
AEeighty6
Pole Position

I greatly appreciate it guys!..will probably go with autopage since the shop is closer and they seem to have a good reputation...thanks again!
Old 12-17-12, 04:52 PM
LaVaism
Pole Position

I have the Viper 5704 and love it. I can roll windows up/down, pop trunk, the remote starter is hooked to the defroster so if the temp is below 55 it will turn that on. I have mine tied into the cars factory alarm so when you arm it arms the factory alarm. Two way pager lets me know if someone is breaking in. I also got the glass break sensor.

I have used the remote up/down already, I cracked my sunroof and it was about to rain, so I just clicked it and everything closed up. I didn't have to run outside like everyone else.

Don't forget for remote starts you'll need a PKALL or DBALL, the modules add on price.

Also if you buy Viper or DEI products you have to buy from an authorized dealer to get the warranty. Which I highly recommend. Install was expensive not going to lie but the place I brought mine to solders all the connections and heat wraps them. So I guess thats how they justified the cost.

The remote with mine is charged via USB and last for a good amount of time. Yeah the color remote is nice but like someone else said they die quick. I am going to get the SMART addon for mine which will tie it into my phone. I know VIPER is releaseing their RFID features soon. That will make it so when you walk away from the car it auto arms and when you get near it will auto disarm. Nice feature! Also the one I got the range is actually really good. I start it up before I leave my building at work so by the time I get to the car it's nice and warm for me.
Old 12-21-12, 03:50 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by maryinbulb
me too, I greatly appreciate it guys!..will probably go with autopage since the shop is closer and they seem to have a good reputation
careful.. autopage is either about to be sold or go outta business.. wait til the end of the 1st quarter before you invest n autopage... prices are super cheap right now but it may become an issue if need warranty or parts.... just a heads up
Old 12-28-12, 03:48 AM
rome58
Rookie

The 5902 HD is on my radar. The remote start and cool looking fob has me hooked lol
Old 01-16-13, 08:58 PM
PlatGS3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AEeighty6

Have you got the alarm installed yet ?
Old 01-20-13, 12:21 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 439 Likes on 362 Posts

I've got a Viper 5901 with the tilt, glass break, and interior motion sensors on my SC300. It's a great alarm. I haven't had any issues with it yet. I also installed one on my mom's Escalade.

The 5902 is even better. If you can find a good installer I highly recommend it. Installation can be a huge hassle with certain cars though. It was easy on my SC but we ran into all sorts of issues on the Escalade. I'm not sure if there are any issues when installing one on a GS.
Old 02-04-13, 07:31 AM
2jzsc4
Driver School Candidate

Viper products are great if you like losing the battery cover, or breaking a screen easily. Also if you purchase it off of the internet, and not from an actual authorized dealer you have no warranty. Dont forget you will more than likely need a bypass module of some sort. I have sold DEI products for years, and personally like the Code Alarm products better. The truth is they all are very similar its really if you want to be the yuppy Viper owner, of course we do all drive a Lexus so enough said there. good luck.