Sponsored by:

Vaistech SLX - Daisy Chaining - iPod integration - Ordering info

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-12, 02:34 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vaistech SLX - Daisy Chaining - iPod integration - Ordering info

So, I have what appears to be a Vaistech Soundlinq SLX installed in my 2006 GS300 with Mark Levinson.

It has what also appears to be this XM receiver installed with it and attached via RCA cables:
http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/br...XMDJEN100.html

I want to add my iPod to this setup, but not sure how to do it. I can live without the satellite radio if I have to (don't use it anymore), but I'd like to have both. I've read that I may be able to daisy chain the iPod into the system, but nobody ever really says what that means. Does it involve splicing wires? A special cable? What is involved in daisy chaining? Right now I'm using the auxiliary out line from the Vaistech for my iPod, but it's annoying and distracting to control it while driving.

The other issue I have is that I don't have the cable for the iPod to attach to the Soundlinq. Although I found what appears to be the right cable on the Vaistech site, I'm not sure if it would work if I disconnected the XM and plugged in the iPod since it appears to be an SLX and not an SLI model.

Lastly, I live overseas in Germany, and the shipping options only have U.S. options from the Vaistech website. This would be fine if they shipped using USPS, as I also have an APO mailbox, but they ship via UPS which won't work. If there are any dealers are in the forum who can ship to an overseas address or ship to an APO address via USPS, please contact me.

If I can't accomplish what I suggested with daisy chaining or buying the replacement cable, what should I buy?

Thanks in advance to everyone for answering my questions.
Old 10-29-12, 03:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

the slx and sl3i (latest model) all access the same ports behind the radio unit. when daisy chained, what it means is that you chain them one after another. there is no need to cut any wires.

if we look at the wire harness behind the radio, it's like this:

factory harness -> slx -> radio

you will need to purchase the sl3i. it comes with another module (for ipod) and also another set of Y harness like that on the slx. what you do it first disconnect the slx (and harness), and plug in ONLY the sl3i and program that unit.

factory harness -> sl3i -> radio

once it's done and you test your ipd that everything works well, connect it this way

factory harness -> slx -> sl3i -> radio

and everything will mysteriously work out perfectly
Old 10-29-12, 04:52 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
the slx and sl3i (latest model) all access the same ports behind the radio unit. when daisy chained, what it means is that you chain them one after another. there is no need to cut any wires.

if we look at the wire harness behind the radio, it's like this:

factory harness -> slx -> radio

you will need to purchase the sl3i. it comes with another module (for ipod) and also another set of Y harness like that on the slx. what you do it first disconnect the slx (and harness), and plug in ONLY the sl3i and program that unit.

factory harness -> sl3i -> radio

once it's done and you test your ipd that everything works well, connect it this way

factory harness -> slx -> sl3i -> radio

and everything will mysteriously work out perfectly
Thanks... was hoping to hear that I wouldn't have to buy another unit. It's already getting cramped for space behind the head unit with the SLX and XM boxes.
Old 10-29-12, 06:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002
Thanks... was hoping to hear that I wouldn't have to buy another unit. It's already getting cramped for space behind the head unit with the SLX and XM boxes.
i always hide the units behind the carpet on the passenger side by the foot well