2004 RX330 Dash Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-12, 04:23 PM
qlopp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 RX330 Dash Speakers

Hi,

Does anyone know whether or not the factory front dash speakers/tweeters/"squawkers" on the 8 speaker RX330 have crossover caps in their circuits?

The factory wiring diagram shows the wires exiting the amplifier for each dash speaker and going to 4-pin connectors called T11 and T12. Terminals 2 and 4 of each connector are from the amp while terminals 1 and 3 are to the speakers. Are these 4-pin connectors part of attached or nearby crossovers?

I suppose I could ohm the leads at the amp and see if the static reading is either ~4 ohms or nowhere near 4 ohms and changing with capacitance. Just looking to see if anyone has BTDT and knows. Thanks.
Old 09-14-12, 10:33 PM
qlopp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have looked at the vehicle first to verify the speaker arrangement before posting. The midrange or "squawker" speakers in Lexusspeak are the larger dash-mounted units while the tweeters are smaller and A-pillar mounted. They are parallelled together but the wiring diagram doesn't show if there is passive crossover (capacitor) in the circuit, either for the group or just for the tweeter.

What I'm trying to determine is whether I'll need to install passive crossovers between the mid/tweet circuits and woofer circuits when I run an aftermarket radio's front speaker output to the OE wire harness at the (unplugged) OE amplifier. I assume Lexus provides some sort of crossover operation, either simple passive bandpass or active within the OE amplifier.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-24-14, 03:45 PM
Eliaquim
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by qlopp
I should have looked at the vehicle first to verify the speaker arrangement before posting. The midrange or "squawker" speakers in Lexusspeak are the larger dash-mounted units while the tweeters are smaller and A-pillar mounted. They are parallelled together but the wiring diagram doesn't show if there is passive crossover (capacitor) in the circuit, either for the group or just for the tweeter.

What I'm trying to determine is whether I'll need to install passive crossovers between the mid/tweet circuits and woofer circuits when I run an aftermarket radio's front speaker output to the OE wire harness at the (unplugged) OE amplifier. I assume Lexus provides some sort of crossover operation, either simple passive bandpass or active within the OE amplifier.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hi,
I wonder if you did find an answer.