Search this Thread

Old 07-25-12, 01:19 PM
8kpsshh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 Car PC Stock stereo question

Vehicle:
93 Lexus SC300

Ok maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

So Im trying to do a carpc install, but unlike most others I'm trying to accomplish this while still keeping the stock stereo. Why am I doing this with the stock stereo? B/c I've got a wedding coming up and all my extra funds are going to pay for that. Since I have a surplus of laptops/pc's I figured it'd be cool to start a project that wouldn't be too hard on the wallet and that I could build with stuff that I already own.

I've already done the Aux mod on the factory unit to override my non working 12 disc CD Changer and it works great....

Now to where my question: Is there some way to get a Double din touch monitor to place over the stock stereo face plate? Maybe remove the stock face plate and replace it with something similar to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200712548501...84.m1438.l2649

I know this unit is probably a no-name but if someone knows of anything else that might work better I'm all ears. I'd like to keep the stock stereo for simplicity/$ factors as well as being able to still utilize the Sc's volume ****.

I'd like for this to look as OEM as possible

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-25-12, 10:46 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you cover up or remove the face off your OEM radio, how are u going to control the radio? U need to remove the radio and put a double din monitor in its place. Don't think there is going to be something that lets you keep both.
Old 04-22-13, 07:10 PM
Gee44
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CarPC Install - Aux Input

You mentioned you are adding a carpc setup and did the aux input mod. Did you use this method - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...n-your-sc.html or a different mod?

I will extend the wires on the factory radio to move to different location to add 7" touchscreen in its place. I'm member of mp3car and they have the custom bezels with screen.

Thanks for your help.....Gee