Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

1999 SC300 Antenna and Sub wiring help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-12, 11:28 PM
stocksc3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1999 SC300 Antenna and Sub wiring help!!!

I have a 1999 SC300 and I am trying to install a Pioneer AVIC Z130BT head unit to replace the factory stereo (Pioneer KEX-M8886ZT)

In my diagram I have shown everything that I have hooked up so far. The two things that have me stumped are:

1) How to wire the antenna so that it goes down when I switch to SD Card, Bluetooth Audio, or CD mode? My stock harness has 3 antenna wires: Ant+ (pink/black), AntA (blue/white), AntB (yellow/red). My head unit has one blue antenna wire. I believe the stock pioneer diagram is wrong, I think Ant+ should be Amp+.

2) I am trying to get the stock amp to work so I can enjoy the sub. I can splice the power from the HU for the Amp Acc; the HU has a Mute wire that will go to the Amp Mute connector. In the Amp Connector, what does Bus+/-, L+/-, R+/- stand for? What do I hook up to these connections?

Once I get passed these obstacles I can hook up the Violet/White – Reverse Gear Signal Input Wire & the Pink – VSS Wire and put everything back together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails 1999 SC300 Antenna and Sub wiring help!!!-1999-pioneer-diagram.jpg  
Old 08-13-12, 04:55 PM
Sereious
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by stocksc3
I have a 1999 SC300 and I am trying to install a Pioneer AVIC Z130BT head unit to replace the factory stereo (Pioneer KEX-M8886ZT)

In my diagram I have shown everything that I have hooked up so far. The two things that have me stumped are:

1) How to wire the antenna so that it goes down when I switch to SD Card, Bluetooth Audio, or CD mode? My stock harness has 3 antenna wires: Ant+ (pink/black), AntA (blue/white), AntB (yellow/red). My head unit has one blue antenna wire. I believe the stock pioneer diagram is wrong, I think Ant+ should be Amp+.

2) I am trying to get the stock amp to work so I can enjoy the sub. I can splice the power from the HU for the Amp Acc; the HU has a Mute wire that will go to the Amp Mute connector. In the Amp Connector, what does Bus+/-, L+/-, R+/- stand for? What do I hook up to these connections?

Once I get passed these obstacles I can hook up the Violet/White – Reverse Gear Signal Input Wire & the Pink – VSS Wire and put everything back together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435838

go to the bravo section connect a1 and a8 to the antenna wire to solve the up sms down issue

Also I wana buy this unit how did you do u use the stock amp?
Old 08-13-12, 05:00 PM
Sereious
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sereious
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435838

go to the bravo section connect a1 and a8 to the antenna wire to solve the up sms down issue

Also I wana buy this unit how did you do u use the stock amp?
Oh poop! My apologies just saw the Awsome!!! Wiring diagram!!! Phones z slow loader
Old 08-15-12, 10:23 PM
stocksc3
Driver School Candidate

Since I couldn't figure out how to use my stock amp to power the stock sub with the new headunit I decided to just replace everything, speakers & subs.

I still haven't figured out how to make the antenna go down when not in radio mode. I think I will just have to wire a two-way switch so I can manually put the antenna down.

Since you have to open up so much just to route the wires back to trunk it was an easy decision to replace all the speakers/sub.

So my new system consists of the following:
Rear Speakers - Pioneer TS-A1684R - 6-1/2" 4-Way Coaxial Speakers
Front Speakers - Pioneer TS-A1604C - 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Component Speakers
Subwoofer - JL Audio 10W1v2-4
Amp (Speakers) - Pioneer GM-6400F - 4-Channel Amplifier
Amp (Sub) - Pioneer GM-5500T - 2-Channel Amplifier