Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ever considered this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-12, 02:33 PM
michaelb20
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever considered this?

so i've been looking at a new stereo since mine is completely dead, although i'm not entirely sure if its the stereo itself or something else, but i came across this.

Amazon Amazon

what do you guys think?
Old 03-25-12, 02:44 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

That's interesting. I've never seen an aftermarket Nakamichi headunit in the U.S. before.

If you do decide to get it, make sure you get the dash kit and wiring harness from Amazon.
Old 03-25-12, 03:09 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Used to sell Nak in my shop, their single DIN 6 disc in dash CD player was among my top offerings and very popular with those who wanted convenience of a changer without the need for an outboard unit. Their quality was always good, and I had zero returns for defects. That being said, I have no experience with their current offerings, but it appears to have decent numbers, and it should have at least a one year warranty, so it's up to par with most out there now. Screen looks good, and Amazon is a quality company to deal with, even if going through someone who sells on Amazon, they back you up, too.

As Kira said, probably wouldn't hurt to get the harness and kit through them if you don't have another supplier who can get them for you, as their pricing is pretty competitive. Whatever you do, if you are not comfortable with the installation, take it to a pro. The money they charge to do the job should allay any concerns about poor wiring or the like. If you install it yourself, take your time, get the diagrams and do it right. No spaghetti in the dash!

Big Mack
Old 03-25-12, 04:23 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

why not go with a double din? on the flip out screens the motors tend to burn out.. plus u get more features in the new dbl dins nowadays....
Old 03-25-12, 08:18 PM
michaelb20
Rookie

well i've been thinking about double dins but i cant find ones i like with all the features i want etc., and the ones i do like are pretty pricey but i feel that this nakamichi is is pretty fairly priced.
Old 03-26-12, 12:02 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Big Mack
Used to sell Nak in my shop, their single DIN 6 disc in dash CD player was among my top offerings and very popular with those who wanted convenience of a changer without the need for an outboard unit. Their quality was always good, and I had zero returns for defects. That being said, I have no experience with their current offerings, but it appears to have decent numbers, and it should have at least a one year warranty, so it's up to par with most out there now. Screen looks good, and Amazon is a quality company to deal with, even if going through someone who sells on Amazon, they back you up, too.

As Kira said, probably wouldn't hurt to get the harness and kit through them if you don't have another supplier who can get them for you, as their pricing is pretty competitive. Whatever you do, if you are not comfortable with the installation, take it to a pro. The money they charge to do the job should allay any concerns about poor wiring or the like. If you install it yourself, take your time, get the diagrams and do it right. No spaghetti in the dash!

Big Mack
That's good to hear. I knew Nakamichi used to make some high quality stuff, but I've never seen their stuff at any audio shops.

Originally Posted by michaelb20
well i've been thinking about double dins but i cant find ones i like with all the features i want etc., and the ones i do like are pretty pricey but i feel that this nakamichi is is pretty fairly priced.

What kind of features are you looking for? I bought a Pioneer P4200DVD double DIN headunit and it's great. It's capable of bluetooth and navagation, but you need adapters to use them. Typically the single DIN Pioneers come with bluetooth or some other features built in opposed to having to buy an adapter.
Old 03-26-12, 02:17 AM
michaelb20
Rookie

well ive been looking for touch screen, bluetooth, front iphone/ipod integration, iphone app compatibility (i looked into that app radio but people say it sucks), and whats most important is the speed it processes at. no one wants to sit and wait 5 seconds for their music to load lol