Sponsored by:

06 is350 no sound from audio

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-11, 01:04 AM
TheAnhDy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 is350 no sound from audio

I have a 2006 is350 with Nav and Mark Levinson at 55k miles. My Nav, Bluetooth, and A/C are still working properly but my radio and CD changer do NOT have any sound output.

I can go into my radio preset stations but there is no sound. When I press SCAN to search for other stations it just scans forever without stopping like no radio stations exist. This happens with both FM and AM freq.

I don't have any CDs in the changer but when I tried to load a CD, the load button and eject button do NOT respond; the yellow/green lights don't light up anymore.

I have a VAIS iPod connector and the iPod is playing sound just fine so it's not my speakers, the volume control still works.

I've tried turning off the car and restarting, the radio came back a few times but now it's completely dead. I've disconnected the negative battery cable but that didn't solve the problem.

Please help! Thank you
Old 12-31-11, 06:16 AM
irishcharm
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check your fuse for the radio and the ML amp. and while your in there, start searching for other astd. blown fuses or ones that may be rusted or not making contact.

also. a must do......unplug and disconnect your VAIS stuff. disconnect the battery for 15 minutes. then attach all and test the radio.

who installed the VAIS product? how long ago was it installed? were your issues currently close to the time of installation? are wires touching/exposed?

based on the info you provided, without answering any of my questions, I am inclined and sad to say that the radio may have kicked the bucket. What it is a result of is the debate..

let me know about my questions.
Old 12-31-11, 08:26 AM
TheAnhDy
Driver School Candidate

I bought this car a year ago and it came with the VAIS already installed. I don't even know which model VAIS it is but it seems to be running on a very old firmware since it only works with my old nano.

I will do everything you have suggested, thank you for the advice
Old 12-31-11, 08:40 AM
irishcharm
Driver

let me know if there is anything I can do. The best way to isolate an issue is to remove all those things that may cause an issue. Good luck.
Old 12-31-11, 10:45 AM
TheAnhDy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gville350
So with using the ipod connector and ipod you can play and hear sound. So that narrows it down...its not the amp or the speakers. So is your NAV screen working as normal? All the nav, HVAC, audio, etc functions correctly on the touchscreen? If so, its not the usual touchscreen failure that we read so much about on here. Perhaps it is narrowed down to just the ML lower changer portion epic failure?
I believe this gentleman is right. It sucks that ML fails after just 5 years right after warranty
Old 12-31-11, 11:14 AM
irishcharm
Driver

not 100% true, there may still be hope, you never know who installed the VAIS or the quality of said installation. Your VAIS may cause an issue, depending on how it was wired. You could have someone who installed it and a pin came out and is shorting it out. but it would plug into the lower portion of the ML radio. so thats why I said disconnect and check that.

but i also said "based on the info you provided, without answering any of my questions, I am inclined and sad to say that the radio may have kicked the bucket. What it is a result of is the debate.."
Old 12-31-11, 06:02 PM
TheAnhDy
Driver School Candidate

I went to the dealer to ask for help and the service advisor told me that it would cost around $800 to replace my radio/cd or I could try calling Lexus USA to see what they would do for me.

I went home and took the headunit apart. It turned out I have the VAIS SLI. I uninstalled the VAIS but the problem still persists. I'll call Lexus USA on Monday to see what they can help me with.

Old 01-02-12, 05:57 AM
irishcharm
Driver

that seems really odd that the changer went. I mean it happens but now at least you can be almost 100% sure that the radio is out for the count. at least you took the VAIS out of the picture and all but narrowed down the issue. Good luck with calling Lexus.
Old 01-03-12, 10:15 PM
TheAnhDy
Driver School Candidate

Called Lexus today, they'll get back with me in two days.
Old 02-12-12, 05:45 AM
Shervin350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any update on this i have same problem, started 2 days ago i dont know what to do?
Old 02-21-12, 08:12 PM
TheAnhDy
Driver School Candidate

Lexus USA told me my car is out of warranty plus I didn't buy it CPO from a Lexus dealer so they can't replace it

$800 to trade my existing cd changer for a refurbished one