Sponsored by:

CD player error..

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-02, 05:58 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CD player error..

well finally I got cd player error..I think one of my cd got stuck in the cartridge. I tried to eject 12 slot magazine but didn't come out. is there any reset button or anything? lately my lex keeps me busy with all problems..
Old 10-13-02, 11:46 AM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am no expert with the electronics (only thing that seems to like to go wrong on the car) but I am sure if you unplug the car battery it should reset the stereo, not sure if that will get your cd out or not, but akways worth a shot.
Old 10-13-02, 12:52 PM
g_lex_6
Driver School Candidate

i had the same problem. There is a little button that the slide cover to the changer that must be pushed for the cd magazine to come up or down. make sure the slide is making contact with the button when you try to eject.
Old 10-13-02, 01:14 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

There is a reset button on my 95 SC. Its a little white button I believe and if u press it and close the lid or press the button sensor that lets the SC changer know the lid is close the cd player will try to check all the CDs in all the slots and if its jammed then your going to have to do a little work. I got 2 CDs jammed in the changer. I pretty much had to force everything out but if u didnt get magazine out yet then I can tell you how I got mines out. On mines the CD got stuck in the changer and the magazine itself would moved up a bit so it wouldnt go in and then I pulled the magazine up far enough that it went in a different slot with a CD already in it but I figured out a way to get it out. If you got about 30 to 45min u can do it.
Old 10-13-02, 03:44 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

I took out the magazine but one cd was still inside the changer.
when I closed the slide cover without the magazine, a cd came out by itself..everything works fine now thanks
Old 10-14-02, 08:43 AM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

i just got this recently too (cd error). nothing wrong with cd's stuck but skipping to next track etc, it either drags or jumps to the wrong track.

also, when lets say im playing track 3 on whatever cd. when the song is over, it goes to the next track and still says track 3 and some bs time.

anyone get this? lol, its really frustrating, i cant listen to what i want.
Old 10-14-02, 12:59 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Oh ya I get this allll the time. Its mainly on CDs I made from MP3s. If I copy a CD from an original cd it uslaly plays fine. If I'm on like lets say track 4 and I want to go to track 13 on a MP3 burned CD it will rarely go to 13. It will go to some different track liek 5 or 7 or maybe even 2. It just does what it wants. It is pretty frustrating. I just let the whole CD play without skipping tracks because if I want to go from a track liek 8 to 9 it probably wont do it. It normally works fine from tracks 1 to 5 or 6 but after that the messing up starts. I think this happens because I dont put that 2 second gap between songs. I'm not sure because original CDs have that 2 second gap and those all work fine. I'll have to test this out. Anyways you're not the only one just about every SC owners with a stock CD changer has this problem.
Old 10-15-02, 05:25 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

hmmm........ well ive got that 2 sec. gap between all the songs but still does it. i tried the same cd's in a friends 4runner and they play perfectly fine. i noticed the cd error comes mostly from cd # 10-12, maybe its dirty? i havent checked the manual so is there any ways to clean it if necassary?

thnx anyway, peace
Old 10-15-02, 07:13 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Ok I just burned a CD with the 2sec gap and gave the same results. It still gives me errors and plays tracks I didnt change to. I put the CD in slot 1 and it still did this. I dont really think it matters what slot its from since it still goes to the same place. I just dont understand why burned CDs from an original CD work fine. Maybe its the program that burns the CD? I dont know but I read somewhere there was a way to open and clean the read head. I dont really have the guts to open the cd changer that really not completetly broken. Maybe on of those cleaning CDs might work but I'm not sure.
Old 10-15-02, 07:17 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Did this to my SC400 years ago

My stock stereo jammed w/the 12 disc all the time.
OLD technology.
Damn changer destroyed a rare single CD that I have yet to replace. (I got the mp3 but not the same)

The only real solution is to load EVERY OTHER disc so you essentilly have a 6 disc changer so it won't skip.

Other than that...the other option is AFTERmarket stereo.
I did that, and haven't looked back since.
Old 10-15-02, 07:45 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

I'm kind of confused. How will putting a CD in every other slot stop the skipping? I thought the changed loaded the CD's. Why would it matter if there was no CD in 2 and 4 and a cd in 1. Anyways I'll give it a try but I still dont see how that will stop the skipping. Maybe stop jamming but if it works than hey a 6disk changed is better than a 12 disk changer thats not working.
Old 10-15-02, 07:59 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default well

It has to do w/the mechanism in the OLD way the changers "changed" back then.

I think the 6 disc changers were more efficient, and the 12 discs were slow and not good a grabbing the discs.
If you skip slots..you give the changer a better chance to prepare to get it cuz it is given extra time to skip a slot.

I know it doesn't really make sense..but it works. It worked for me, but I was so mad about losing my cd that I decided to off the whole system and get a new set up.

I believe the guy who I sold it too...adopted the 6 disc idea and hasn't complained about it since.
Old 10-15-02, 08:08 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Ah! gotcha. I'll give it a try. Sounds like it should work. Thanx for the info.
Old 10-15-02, 11:45 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

heh, now i have to try this. is it possible it depends on what kind of CD you use to burn it as well? like i think there are CD's that are made specifically to burn music so would that help any?

im still feeling sick at the moment so im not gonna go outside and check this every other cd slot thing yet. but ill let you guys know how it turns out.
Old 10-16-02, 01:12 AM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Well I tried that every other CD thing and that didnt make a difference. I dont really think it matter if you use a CDr made for music CDs since its the same thing as a CD made for data. I'm starting to think of the number of songs on the CD..well not really the number of songs but the length of the CD. That seems to be the only difference between burned original CDs and burned MP3 CDs. I'll have to try that out tomm now. Make a CD with under 650MB and see if that does it. Its starting to drive me crazy because some will work perfectly fine and some wont. Anyways that I tried to put a CD in every other slot and it didnt make a difference except I have 6 less CDs.

Quick Reply: CD player error..