Sponsored by:

ipad integration

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-11, 12:01 AM
tucker21
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ipad integration

so i'm going to be getting a 2010 lexus LS 460 sport and i really want to integrate either an ipad 2 or the new tablet from amazon.

i saw on youtube JM creations did a pretty slick custom ipad integration where they had it somehow installed in the center armrest/console and electronically slide in and out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W2VFUJ2gKE

i was thinking i could do something like that and then have it connected thru my aux input so w/e i selected on the ipad would play thru the head unit.
i would also consider replacing the nav head unit if it could maintain the HVAC controls and also look somewhat stock.

anyone have any other good ideas/suggestions? also does anyone have a recommendation for a really high end shop in california that could help with the planning/fabrication/install?

this is def a job i'm going to need professionals to do for me and so if anyone has a good shop for this kind of job suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

i know this is a silly over-the-top mod but i think it would be a lot of fun, so pls if you think its dumb just move along.

oh also i'll most likely get a mobile wifi device so i'll be able to have full internet capability on the device.

thanks!