Sponsored by:

Removed remote starter on SC300

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-11, 03:16 PM
Mero121
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Removed remote starter on SC300

HI CL, previous owner had a remote starter on it and since i did not have the remote for it, i decided to take it off, after doing this my car wont start, i replaced the starter on it thinking that was the problem but now im thinking it was because of the remote starter i have taken off, Can someone please give me some assistance? thanks!
Old 10-09-11, 05:11 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

umm, put the remote start back in
Old 10-09-11, 05:17 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
umm, put the remote start back in
that would be the logical place to start, or trace the wires that were connected to the remote start and find the corresponding wires in the harness and fix the issue
Old 10-09-11, 11:08 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Mero121
HI CL, previous owner had a remote starter on it and since i did not have the remote for it, i decided to take it off, after doing this my car wont start, i replaced the starter on it thinking that was the problem but now im thinking it was because of the remote starter i have taken off, Can someone please give me some assistance? thanks!
The remote start contains a relay that controls the starter wire. When you removed it you opened the relay circuit. Find the factory starter wire that has been cut and piece it back together thereby bypassing the relay.

PS- security questions go in the security forum. Good luck!
Old 10-09-11, 11:50 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black wire with white trace in the ignition switch harness is your starter wire. Like O.L.T. said, it's probably cut since it was connected to the starter kill.
Old 10-10-11, 09:47 AM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
The remote start contains a relay that controls the starter wire. When you removed it you opened the relay circuit. Find the factory starter wire that has been cut and piece it back together thereby bypassing the relay.

PS- security questions go in the security forum. Good luck!
i was just about to post the same thing lol good job olt hopefully he fixes it .
Old 10-16-11, 01:19 PM
nervekiler
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YOU removed the RS or you paid a SHOP to do it?

if you paid a shop, it wouldnt have left without it working.

did you screw with the factory imobilizer system at all? and as asked before, did you notice that the starter wire was cut?

im sorry you already replaced the starter.

best bet if you do not understand what i am asking you is to put it on a towtruck and deliver it to a stereo shop who understands how these things work.

i would think twice before taking it to the dealership, they are not trained on how remote starts work. and neither are most repair shops. make some phone calls, explain what happened, and get some quotes. also get an ETA for repairs.. if the shop cannot garuntee that they will repair wiring close to factory condition in less than one day theni would keep shoping.

i can garuntee to fix this personally in less than 2 hours. thats removing, repairing, and resoldering, and retaping/heat shrinking to make it as good as factory again. its not really that hard, you just have to understand how everything works.

when you try to start the car does it throw the antitheft light on the dash or do any security lights blink?
when you turn the ignition on, does the heater and stereo and all other accesories work like normal?

you gotta determine what was changed when you removed it to be able to find the problem and fix it accordingly. i can help and walk you through anything you need. ill check back up on this thread in a few days to see how you're doing.

good luck.

_frank turner