Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

How to program Keyless entry remote? Please help.

Old 09-15-11, 12:38 PM
peteanthan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The procedure below worked perfectly with my 1997 LS400:

To begin with, the vehicle should be as follows:
- The key is not inserted in the ignition key cylinder
- All four doors should be closed and locked to begin with.
- Manually unlock and open the driver's door (other doors stay CLOSED)

1. Insert the key into the ignition key cylinder, then remove it.

2. Within 40 seconds: Using the manual driver’s door lock/unlocker, move the switch five times to LOCK then UNLOCK at an approximately one-second interval (so in this step, manually lock the driver's door, then unlock it a second later and repeat five times)

3. Close the driver's door, then open it

4. Repeat step 2, again within 40 seconds

5. Insert the key into the ignition cylinder

6. Turn the ignition switch (the key) to ON then back to LOCK at an approximately one-second interval from one to five times, depending on the mode you want.

Add mode - ONE time
Rewrite mode - TWO times
Confirmation mode - THREE times
Erase mode - FIVE times

7. Remove the key from the ignition key cylinder

8a. If add, rewrite, or erase mode have been selected, the car should now lock and unlock the door itself (and likely beeps) a number of times corresponding to the mode you selected. For example: If you chose “Add”, the car will lock and unlock once; if you chose “Rewrite”, the car will lock and unlock twice...

8b. The car will lock/unlock itself at a two-second interval for each set of codes programmed into the car.

9. Press any transmitter switch for at least one second

10. The wireless door lock ECU automatically performs LOCK-UNLOCK once at a one-second interval to inform the technician that it has received the signal from the transmitter

11. Close the driver's door, then re-open it.

12. Press the transmitter switch for at least one second

13. The car will LOCK-UNLOCK either one or twice at a one-second interval. If only once, then programming was successful and you’re done! If it LOCK-UNLOCK's twice, then it has not been completed because the ECU didn't receive the same code from steps 9 and 12 or, when selecting add mode, a recognition code indicating registration completed was already received.

In case it lock-unlocks twice, just go back to step 9 and keep trying.

I made a few minor tweaks to this instruction set, just to be clear. Other instructions I've found on the internet were either incomplete or unclear. This was basically lifted from earlier in this thread, cleaned up, and re-posted here.
Old 12-26-12, 10:44 AM
6N1SC
Rookie

I have a 1993 SC400 that I have been trying to program keyless entry on. I have been using the steps provided in this thread to program it, but after I turn the ignition in the last step, the door locks do not lock/unlock on their own (showing that the car is in programming mode). So I have not been able to get the car into programming mode.

On my previous 1995 SC300, I had no problems using the instructions to program a keyless remote. Do the 92-94 SC's not let you use programming mode? After reading through a few threads, they suggest that the earlier model SC's require some sort of matching ROM chip?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-13, 12:05 PM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

bbump,

does anyone know if the older style smart keys will work on a 2013 es?

the new styles are over $200. but plenty of older styles around $60.
Old 09-11-14, 09:19 AM
Rocksta9
Driver School Candidate

I own a 1996 Lexus GS ( UK Specifications), and am based in Mumbai, India.

The details of the Car are as follows:

• Model: GS 300 4 door 3.0 ltr
• Stock No: 141001
• Chassis: JT153JSE700121615
• Model Code: JZS147R – BEPQFW
• Engine No: 0445030
• Trim Code: LJ10
• Key No: 01333

I lost the original key a few weeks ago. I then had a new blank key cut, ( without a chip). The new replacement key starts the engine, but after a couple of seconds, the engine cuts off.

I am unable to resolve the problem, nor is the local Toyota workshop. There is no Lexus dealership in India. I am unable to determine if this Car came with a standard key or a Transponder / programmed (chip) key.

Can you help me solve this problem ? Would reprogramming the ECU be the answer, or would you be able to send me a programmed key ?

I would sincerely appreciate any help that you can offer.

Best wishes,

Rusy
Old 02-08-15, 11:53 AM
Tmhender82
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tommyt811
Will this work for my 93 Sc400. My keyless entry system is the one where the button is actually on the key. I want to know if i could buy one of ebay with matching FCC ID, and reprogram myself.
What is considered the Master key? I lost one of my keys...which is why I am replacing. I still have one which functions like the one I lost, a valet key, and I have the credit card type emergency key.
Thanks in advance for all help!
Tmhender82
Forgot to mention I have a 2005 430 LS

Last edited by Tmhender82; 02-08-15 at 11:57 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 12-06-15, 04:20 PM
Descente
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by silversc3
uh...........

i programmed my remote to my car no problem, all it takes is the master key...

uhm, here's what i have on it...

Registaration of recognition code:

Follow the flow chart on the following page to register the transmitter recognition code with the wireless door lock ECU.

HINT:
- If the prescribed conditions are not enetered while registering the transmitter code, the wireless door lock ECU returns to normal operation.
- There are 4 modes: add mode, rewrite mode, confirmation mode, and erase mode; the mode to use is decided after the recognition code is registered.
- If a maximum of 4 recognition codes can be registered

Reference:
- The add mode is used to retain codes already registered while you register new recognition codes. However, if the number of registered codes exceeds 4 codes, previous registered codes are correspondingly erased in order, starting from the first registered code.
- The rewrite mode is used to erase all previous registered codes before registering new recognition codes. This mode is used when replacing the transmitter or wireless door lock ECU.
- The confirmation mode is for confirming how many recognition codes are already registered before you register additioned recognition codes.
- The erase mode is used to erase all registered modes and cancels the wireless door lock operates. Use this mode when the transmitter is lost.

Here's the actual process, it's complicated and it took me a couple of tries to do it right.

To begin with, the vehicle should be as follows
- The key is not inserted in the ignition key cylinder
- Driver's door is OPEN (other doors are CLOSED)
- Driver's door is UNLOCKED

1. Insert the key into the ignition key cylinder, then remove it.

2. Within 40 seconds: Using the door control switch (for manual operation) move the switch 5 times to LOCK/UNLOCK at approximately 1 second intervals (so in this step, hit the lock button on the driver's door, then the unlock button a second later, and repeat 5 times)

3. Close the driver's door, then open it

4. Repeat step 2, again within 40 seconds

5. Insert the key into the ignition cylinder

6. Turn the ignition switch (the key) from ON to LOCK at approximately 1 second intervals for 1 - 5 times, depending on which mode..

Add mode - 1 time
Rewrite mode - 2 times
Confirmation mode - 3 times
Erase mode - 5 times

7. Remove the key from the ignition key cylinder

8a. If add, rewrite, or erase mode have been selected:

The car should now lock and unlock the door itself, the number of times depending on which mode you selected. The number will be the same number you used to select the mode. So if you chose add, then the car will lock and unlock once, if you chose rewrite, then the car will lock and unlock twice...

8b. The car will lock/unlock itself at 2 second intervals for each set of code programmed into the car.

9. Press the transmitter switch for at least 1 second

10. The wireless door lock ECU automatically performs LOCK-UNLOCK once at a 1 second interval to inform the technician that it has received the signal from the transmitter

11. Close the driver's door, then open it.

12. Press the transmitter switch for at least 1 second

13. The car will LOCK-UNLOCK one or twice at 1 second intervals. If it LOCK-UNLOCK's once, then the it is completed. If it LOCK-UNLOCK's twice, then it has not been completed because the ECU didn't receive the same code from steps 9 and 12 or when selecting add mode, a recognition code indicating registration completed was already received.

In case it lock-unlock's twice, just go back to step 9 and keep trying

Now I know the directions look kinda whack, but it worked for me after a few tries...

Worked perfectly for me after a few times!
Old 12-08-15, 02:49 AM
Tmhender82
Driver School Candidate

Default reprogramming with lock actuator broken

My right front lock actuator is broken and has to locked/unlocked manually. Will this keep me from being able to program my key? I am wondering if this is my problem since you have to hit the door lock button during programming?
Thanks!
Tmhender82