Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

How to program Keyless entry remote? Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-02, 11:04 PM
dliu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

silversc3,

I've tried this on my 2000 GS300. It doesn't seem to work.
I've programmed the transponder and now I can start the engine, however the buttons do not work.

Do you know if the instructions provided will work with this model?

Thanks!
David
Old 02-09-05, 08:30 PM
tungra
Driver School Candidate

Default Programming HELP 93 SC-300

Is the programming procedure the same for the 93 SC-300. I have tried the procedure several times, but have not been able to get the doors to lock and unlock after going through the procedure. I have replaced the battery....Any help would be appreciated. I'm assuming that Lexus went to the separate remote in 1995....Thanks...I already have some work ahead of me on this car...Headlights...
Old 03-11-06, 04:14 PM
STRONG SC
Lead Lap

I can't get my key to work either on my '92 sc300. I just replaced the battery. Does it matter how fast you switch it lock/unlock?
Old 05-27-06, 03:23 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BUMPING this old thread... Thanks to DaveGS for tracking it down through another old thread

This saved me alot of time and probably some money!! Worked Great on my 97 SC
Old 07-03-06, 02:49 PM
goldencan
Driver School Candidate

Default remote instructions needed for 93 300SC

Originally Posted by STRONG SC
I can't get my key to work either on my '92 sc300. I just replaced the battery. Does it matter how fast you switch it lock/unlock?
I just bought a used remote key w/FCC ID HYQ1512A. for my 93 SC300. This key has the one button on the side which will lock / unlock doors..
Does any one have the instructions to program pre 96 SC300 models?

Thanks I have already done a search to no avail
Old 08-24-06, 05:40 PM
stonewis
Pole Position

Hey, Golden! Did ya ever find the instructions for the remote for your sc300?
Old 10-09-06, 07:00 PM
tommyt811
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by silversc3
uh...........

i programmed my remote to my car no problem, all it takes is the master key...

uhm, here's what i have on it...

Registaration of recognition code:

Follow the flow chart on the following page to register the transmitter recognition code with the wireless door lock ECU.

HINT:
- If the prescribed conditions are not enetered while registering the transmitter code, the wireless door lock ECU returns to normal operation.
- There are 4 modes: add mode, rewrite mode, confirmation mode, and erase mode; the mode to use is decided after the recognition code is registered.
- If a maximum of 4 recognition codes can be registered

Reference:
- The add mode is used to retain codes already registered while you register new recognition codes. However, if the number of registered codes exceeds 4 codes, previous registered codes are correspondingly erased in order, starting from the first registered code.
- The rewrite mode is used to erase all previous registered codes before registering new recognition codes. This mode is used when replacing the transmitter or wireless door lock ECU.
- The confirmation mode is for confirming how many recognition codes are already registered before you register additioned recognition codes.
- The erase mode is used to erase all registered modes and cancels the wireless door lock operates. Use this mode when the transmitter is lost.

Here's the actual process, it's complicated and it took me a couple of tries to do it right.

To begin with, the vehicle should be as follows
- The key is not inserted in the ignition key cylinder
- Driver's door is OPEN (other doors are CLOSED)
- Driver's door is UNLOCKED

1. Insert the key into the ignition key cylinder, then remove it.

2. Within 40 seconds: Using the door control switch (for manual operation) move the switch 5 times to LOCK/UNLOCK at approximately 1 second intervals (so in this step, hit the lock button on the driver's door, then the unlock button a second later, and repeat 5 times)

3. Close the driver's door, then open it

4. Repeat step 2, again within 40 seconds

5. Insert the key into the ignition cylinder

6. Turn the ignition switch (the key) from ON to LOCK at approximately 1 second intervals for 1 - 5 times, depending on which mode..

Add mode - 1 time
Rewrite mode - 2 times
Confirmation mode - 3 times
Erase mode - 5 times

7. Remove the key from the ignition key cylinder

8a. If add, rewrite, or erase mode have been selected:

The car should now lock and unlock the door itself, the number of times depending on which mode you selected. The number will be the same number you used to select the mode. So if you chose add, then the car will lock and unlock once, if you chose rewrite, then the car will lock and unlock twice...

8b. The car will lock/unlock itself at 2 second intervals for each set of code programmed into the car.

9. Press the transmitter switch for at least 1 second

10. The wireless door lock ECU automatically performs LOCK-UNLOCK once at a 1 second interval to inform the technician that it has received the signal from the transmitter

11. Close the driver's door, then open it.

12. Press the transmitter switch for at least 1 second

13. The car will LOCK-UNLOCK one or twice at 1 second intervals. If it LOCK-UNLOCK's once, then the it is completed. If it LOCK-UNLOCK's twice, then it has not been completed because the ECU didn't receive the same code from steps 9 and 12 or when selecting add mode, a recognition code indicating registration completed was already received.

In case it lock-unlock's twice, just go back to step 9 and keep trying

Now I know the directions look kinda whack, but it worked for me after a few tries...

Will this work for my 93 Sc400. My keyless entry system is the one where the button is actually on the key. I want to know if i could buy one of ebay with matching FCC ID, and reprogram myself.
Old 01-12-07, 03:06 PM
zakkubin
Driver School Candidate

I too have a 92 sc400 and am wondering if I can avoid a 90 dollar programming fee from Lexus.
http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetai...CategoryID=22?
This is the cheapest I found a replacement key...
Dealer charges 303 for it. + 90 dollars to program it. So I assume there is no chip that pairs with the key?
Old 02-26-07, 06:41 PM
Pat in CA
Driver School Candidate

I just bought a 93 SC 400 from my son's father in law to be. Keyless entry key (button on side of key, locks/unlocks door only) worked the day I bought it, but not now.

Can I just replace the battery? Do I need to go through the reprogramming steps or should it work again?

Thanks.
Old 03-23-07, 05:30 PM
MarcK
Driver School Candidate

Default Remote for 1996 Lexus ES 300

The original remote stopped working, I replaced the battery but to no avail. I purchased a HYQ1512P. I have been following and trying all of the procedures on the internet including the one that came with the new remote. I can get up to the part where the door locks open and close based on my turning of the ignition key, but no further. It appears that door lock ECU is not responding to either remote. What else is there? Can the door lock ECU be faulty? How do I know if the remotes are working? If I need to replace the door remote ECU, where is it, and what does it look like? Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated, I am now lost on what to do next.

Thank you,

Marc
Old 06-22-07, 09:37 PM
mr29rose
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

has anyone succesfully programed a inkey remote on a 1997 sc400 etc? is there anyway to do it? i heard someone on here has don e it
Old 11-07-10, 03:40 PM
WDiep2GS3
Rookie

Default Back from the grave!

I am having trouble with the remote programming for keyless entry (unlocking and locking the car). My passenger door lock is broken (actuator), does this effect the programming at all? I cant get it to work. Any advice/comments would be much appreciated!

I was able to successfully program the key to start the car.
Old 01-25-11, 06:06 PM
ZGadson
Driver School Candidate

Bump!

I just bought this but I've tried the lock/unlock procedure and the car doesn't respond. It doesn't do the lock/unlock to confirm it's ready to learn the remote signal.

*also, I have a 94 ES300. Will this 95 model transmitter work? If not I'll just resell it on ebay - no biggie.
Old 02-01-11, 11:38 AM
philllyj
Rookie

z i may buy it from you & try on my 92 sc300. let me know
Old 04-18-11, 05:17 PM
stazang
Driver School Candidate

Will this work for an 03 SC430

Quick Reply: How to program Keyless entry remote? Please help.