Sponsored by:

Is my factory amp dying slowly?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-11, 11:15 PM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is my factory amp dying slowly?

So guys it just started yesturday. I was driving home from work and all of a sudden, no sound from the speakers, BUT my sub was still working (its own amp obviously) No problems with the radio, I checked it by switching to radio, antennea went up just fine, switched to CD, played the CD, and switched back to iPod and still nothing but bass from my Alpine sub. Everything worked except the speakers, all of a sudden sound again, (shrugged shoulders) Oh nvm shut off again....So Im thinking well must be a wiring issue with my aftermarket JVC touchscreen. So I ripped the center console apart again, and checked all the wires. Nothing was disconnected or loose. While it was playing I'd move wires around to see if it was connectivity issues. Nope it would still randomly play sound and no sound. Is this my factory amp thats causing the speakers to randomly stop working. Oh btw, VERY wierd popping noises when I start the car and randomly throughout my drive (from the speakers) Any help appreciated thanks guys.
Old 03-15-11, 09:42 AM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

Anyone?....
Old 03-16-11, 07:39 PM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

Found out the amp was wet. So I dried out the trunk and its back to working conditions with no problems so far. So I think its going to be fine now.
Old 03-20-11, 09:29 PM
lethan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI guys, i have a 2003 is300 down here in Australia,my CD player (in dash 6 stacker)
dosen't have sound from the left side speakers(passenger side in AU) although the radio and cassette deck does, any one have any ideas
Old 09-16-11, 08:28 PM
bennettjt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having this EXACT problem now.
I know my amp is not wet. But I have just installed an additional 4 channel amp (adding onto my monoblock subwoofer amp). Randomly, a second or two after the bass hits, the speakers cut off, and just the sub is running. This doesn't always happen it's on a random occasion. I press the power button to turn it off and back on and it fixes the problem. I don't understand this and I can't even begin to know how to diagnose this. I drive an 99 RX300 and haven't had a problem since I installed the 4 channel amp, but I don't see why the amp would affect my stock speakers, when they aren't being touched (I'm running a component system -- two PA speakers [competition]).
Would anyone know what's going on?