Sponsored by:

Sony xnv770 bt......

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-11, 08:47 AM
4rcedfed
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sony xnv770 bt......

Hello all. I have searched for reviews on here and on google but nothing helpful really came up. I just bought one of these Sony xnv 770 bt navi decks, any one here have any personal experience with the unit? Any pros and cons would be good..Any known problems or glitches?.... Haven't installed yet but I like the unit....it's for my 2nd gen gs3.....
Old 02-02-11, 04:53 AM
4rcedfed
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally had the chance to install the unit. Took my time installing it and routed the wiring nicely and unseen. Had to hard wire the HU to the factory harness, and by passed the factory amp. Didnt want to wait for the right connectors to make a harness lol. Waiting on some components and a decent sub and amp for the factory location.

Everything works as supposed to, the navigation is actually pretty fast and accurate, the graphics just dont look very good.

Same with the normal display, and screen savers. The graphic displays are okay, could be better.

The DVD picture and sound is pretty good. There are other units out there with a better display, but I have not been able to adjust the display, its all in factory zeroed positions so it could look way better.

But as is I really like the unit. Watched tears from the sun and we were soldiers, and the display and video was actually really good. And I still didnt adjust the video display settings yet.

I adjusted the sound settings, using factory fronts, rears, and sub. This head unit without external amp sounds 2x better than the factory head unit with the factory amp. Bass hits harder, mids and highs are decent but better. But still not good enough... Needs components, an amp and a sub.

Out of 5 stars, I give the Sony xnv770bt a solid 4. Mainly because for the price, you get navigation, backup/driving camera, DVD/cd/-a/v player, ipod and iphone compatible with on screen controls, blue tooth, and others.... Also because everything works fast and smoothly without any glitches so far. The built in tom tom nav actually works faster and seems more accurate than my garmin nuvi. I never really liked tom tom, but after using it, the program is very easy and straight forward to use. All in all Im happy with my purchase.

Pictures upon request only.