Sponsored by:

Is this a coincidence?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-11, 06:24 AM
Dubzy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a coincidence?

Hey guys I recently changed out my stock navi in my 2006 es330 for an avic x910bt... everything has been going smoothly until this weekend i found time to hook up the microphone and steering wheel controls. Now at the time I did it I didn't do any driving until the next day, but the next day my VSC, Trac OFF and CEL light are now all on.

Is it possible that I did something that would have caused this? The only things I really did anything with was cutting some wires to harnesses that were not even hooked up before, and tied them into the steering controls.

Just wanted to ask this question as I am hoping that I didn't do anything to cause this and it's most likely a coincidence, but maybe someone else is familiar with this.

Also I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and reconnected it, at first glance it seemed to resolve the issue, and I could turn trac off and back on, however after a few miles the lights decided to come back on.

I've also made sure the gas cap was tightened, but I haven't reset the battery since, I will be doing that this morning when I leave for work.

Thanks for your time
Old 01-29-11, 10:14 AM
nervekiler
Rookie

i have a few questions.
what steering wheel interface are you using? what brand and model?
where did you interface the wires at? were they behind the stereo or where they found somewhere else? (under ignition shroud coming out of the controls?)

check this out.
http://www.pac-audio.com/SWI/SWIAppG...er&swiOptions=

that says to get the wire behind the stereo. if that was the only wire you tapped into then it did most likely NOT cause the problem.
Old 01-31-11, 12:05 PM
Dubzy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nervekiler
i have a few questions.
what steering wheel interface are you using? what brand and model?
where did you interface the wires at? were they behind the stereo or where they found somewhere else? (under ignition shroud coming out of the controls?)

check this out.
http://www.pac-audio.com/SWI/SWIAppG...er&swiOptions=

that says to get the wire behind the stereo. if that was the only wire you tapped into then it did most likely NOT cause the problem.
That is the one that I used, the PAC-SWI-PS

I used the wires behind the stereo, and that is where i accidentally tapped into the VSS Speed Sensor wire.