Sponsored by:

new owner need some help with gx sound system

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-11, 11:45 AM
newbiegx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner need some help with gx sound system

I bought a 2005 gx 470 from a private party the other day. I failed to try the cd changer when I bought the car. When I put in a cd push in the magazine, it sounds like it is loading, but it doesn't play anything, when I try to select another cd like cd postition 4, it won't select it and goes back to cd 1.

I also tried the audio outputs in the rear. I used some walkman headphones, used the remote and no sound. I put a new battery in the remote, when I push the source on button should I see anything come on the nav screen? What would cause these outputs not to work? could it be related to the cd changer?

This car has a sirus satelitte system in it that I have unhooked, is it possible that a previous owner had the cd changer unhooked to run the satelitte system?

The car has nav, cd changer in the glove box, no dvd player, I have the stock audio remote, no factory headphones.

any help is appreciated! thanks
Old 01-20-11, 07:33 PM
newbiegx
Driver School Candidate

Default update

ok, I took my dash apart and found that a plug had not been plugged back together, probably when the people installed the sat.

My rear remote works, the headphone jacks work, the cd changer even works!!

Now my problem is that the cd changer is really quiet, I can turn it up to 50 and still barely hear it. When I use tape, am, or fm the sound is normal. Any ideas where to look?

thanks
Old 01-20-11, 09:01 PM
newbiegx
Driver School Candidate

Default last and final update

I decided that I would try to remove all the satelitte equipment so that could be taken out of the picture. There was a powered unit that had rc connectors on one side and a plug on the other that connected to the radio. I unplugged it, plugged the stock one into the radio and now everything works!!

I feel like I am having a conversation with myself, but I thought I would post my findings incase anyone ever came across this.

great site, I look to many more problems solved in the future!
Old 01-21-11, 01:03 PM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you were able to solve the problem yourself through trial and error.
Old 01-21-11, 01:57 PM
Ty419
Lead Lap

When I had my ES, I had a PAC-Audio iPod adapter that did the same thing with the volume. Ended up throwing it out after like 2 weeks, LOL.