Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

whats the best way to upgrade your system in LS 430 with out changing head unit

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-10, 07:19 AM
98cruiser
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best way to upgrade your system in LS 430 with out changing head unit

I have an 02 which of course the sub is blown out, I figured I buy an after market sub but that didn't work cause of the OHMs was too much for factory amp. I was convince to add a seperate Amp to push the sub...Well it sound like *********t, Im tired of hearing every one's elses factory system sound better than mine, ford, chevy, Hyndai........what is the best way to upgrade my system with out touching the head unit (nav) to make a nice system???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Attached Thumbnails whats the best way to upgrade your system in LS 430 with out changing head unit-10-months.jpg  
Old 12-30-10, 11:35 AM
nervekiler
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most important. how much do you want to spend?
and less important, how good do you want it to sound and how loud?

if your just trying to upgrade the sub then the basic right way...
-amp get something that will provide enough power to the subs you are using at the appropriate ohm load! the amplifier will also help determine how loud the system will be.
-signal processing (how are you going to get the signal to drive the amp?) in systems with factory sub control i grab signal to drive the new sub from the factory sub wires. some signal processors are nice and allow you to eq the signal and also use a bass **** to boost or attenuate at will. the cheap ones simply dum the voltage down into a low level signal.
-sub. determine where you want to place the sub and buy one that will fit your vehicles application. in my ls i removed the factory 8 and put two tens in a super shallow custom box that sounds way better. my problem now is that the trunk is so sealed from the cab that im not getting the bass levels that i would like to.

im guessing the system you tried before didnt sound good because you might have caught a bad signal to feed the amp with or simply the sub box or combo wasnt appropriate.

Last edited by nervekiler; 12-30-10 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-03-11, 12:30 PM
iceman76
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You could always get the JBL MS-8 and add that to your system. You can keep the factory H/U and add whatever you want after the MS-8.