Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vaistech ML+: issues running program features ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-10, 12:07 PM
LLaPan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vaistech ML+: issues running program features ?

Okay, I am going to run down my freaking battery trying to figure this out, so I'm going to instead ask those of you who have the Vaustech ML+ installed / integrated into your Lexus vehicles: How do you configure your ML+ so that, if you have your "iPod out" playlist screen or song playing screen showing on your Nav screen when you turn off your car, the full "iPod out" playlist screen will come on once again, without additional interaction, when you turn your car back on? I have tried both ways--either leaving my iPhone connected the whole time, or disconnecting it when I turn off my car, then reconnecting the iPhone after I start my car (and the initial Vaistech ML+ warning screen comes up). Either way, even if I have preselected iPod on my iPhone (or not), and have a song or album or playlist running on my iPhone (or not)--all that appears on my Navigation screen is a message in the middle of the screen that says "iPod out." The music from my iPhone DOES begin to play in a few seconds via my car stereo speakers, but the Navigation screen never updates to show the iPhone playlists or song playing, etc. If I touch the Nav screen, the Control Menu comes up, but if I don't make any additional choices there, via that Control Menu, and instead just touch elsewhere on the Nav screen to get back to the original "iPod out" screen (thinking that this might unstick it / make the Nav screen rewrite to show either playlists or songs), there STILL is no change -- the music on my iPhone continues to play from my car speakers, but the screen still has only the "iPod out" comment in the middle of the Nav screen, and nothing else. I have also tried cycling through the mode button on the steering column (AM, FM1, FM2, then back to CD2/MP3 emulation) and that doesn't make the screen rewrite either. The only way I can make the playlist screen rewrite / appear on the Nav screen is to go from the screen with only the "iPod out" text in the middle of the Nav screen) to the "Source Selection" button available via the Control Menu toolbar that pops up when you touch the Nav screen," then choose "iPod video out" as the new source from its Source Selection submenu, and then, after the "iPod video out comment" comes up in the middle of the Nav screen," I repeat the process (touch Nav screen to get Control Menu to pop up, choose Source Selection, choose "iPod out" as the new source), and it is then and only then that the full iPod playlist screen will finally come up. From that point, I can switch back and forth between all modes (radio, iPod out, iPod video out) and it all rewrites to the Nav screen like it is supposed to -- so long as the car is not turned off (or the iPhone is not disconnected). If I was running video before I turned the car off or disconnected my iPhone, it is the same type of drill where the Nav screen doesn't update properly. When I've been using ML+'s video feature before I have turned off the car--when I turn the car back on, then reselect video playlist on my iPhone, and hit play, all I get on my Nav screen is the beginning request to enter the "video in motion" code. After I input the video code on the Nav screen, only the text "iPod video out" shows up on my Nav screen. At that point, I must use the same procedure outlined above: but this time toggling to "iPod out," then toggle back to "iPod video out" BEFORE the Nav screen info will finally appear correctly, to where I both hear and see the current video on the Nav screen. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? If this is working right for you, could you also give the specs on your car so we can figure out if it is a limitation/glitch with ML+ programming for only certain models of Lexus vehicles. I have a 2008 ES 350 with Nav, non-Mark Levinson stereo, with 6cd changer and cassette tape player. *Thanks for your help.

Last edited by LLaPan; 12-26-10 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Typos