Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

DIY: Install an auxiliary port in your SC

Old 09-24-12, 03:58 PM   #91
Yipee
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Please let me know if this mod works with 2nd Gen gs300.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
-Key ignition change to blue
-Alarm LED change to blue
Yipee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 06:50 PM   #92
Gee44
Driver School Candidate

Default New Question on Aux Input for Carpc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieisgude View Post
Yeah, it does sound a lot better than cassette.

To answer your question though, i've got one for you. Are you sticking a cassette adapter in there or using the cd changer trick?
I'm no longer using this method as i've undergone my carPC build, but i have run into a very similar problem, where the there's that whine, that goes up with the throttle. If someone could figure that one out, we'd appreciate it.
I'm new to the forum but I'm looking to add aux input to factory stereo and see you stop using the method to do carpc build. I am looking to do carpc build as well and wanted to know how you added an aux input or mini plug to pc?

Thanks for your help....Gee
Gee44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-13, 01:14 PM   #93
Ozzzzy
Rookie

Sorry to bring up an old post but did anybody figure out how to do the mod on a Nak system? I would love to do this!!
Ozzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-14, 10:16 PM   #94
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)

Sorry that the pic links are dead, i really wish i still had these pics but it's been so long and i've long since switched to a carpc. I've got a friend who's got a Nak system that i'm gonna try get him to let me take a peak at it and see if i can do anything to help you guys with Naks. And then maybe i can redo some of the pictures.
Old 02-19-14, 01:05 PM   #95
IneednSC
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieisgude View Post
Sorry that the pic links are dead, i really wish i still had these pics but it's been so long and i've long since switched to a carpc. I've got a friend who's got a Nak system that i'm gonna try get him to let me take a peak at it and see if i can do anything to help you guys with Naks. And then maybe i can redo some of the pictures.
Wil a male to female servo cable work? Hobbytownusa only carries male to femal and radio shack doesnt carry **** anymore lol they didnt even have the stero panel mount

Last edited by IneednSC; 02-19-14 at 01:21 PM..
IneednSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 10:35 AM   #96
karolek98
Driver School Candidate

Hello. I would like to do aux input. But when i opened the audio it looks complettly different than in this thread. Also i got a cd changer but its not working, is there any possibility i can trick the system and make aux without cd changer? or how can i make it working? because there i can notice 2 examples of radio and how to do it, mine looks inside completly different. sorry for my english..
karolek98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 09:13 PM   #97
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Send a message via AIM to cartmill

so, bumping an old thread here, but i just did this mod to my current 99 SC300 and i get no sound coming through the aux port if i have the CD input on (with the caddy loaded and a blank CD in the caddy).

the weird thing is the aux port works when i have the stereo on AM or FM radio, and it will just play over the radio hiss.

anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-01-14, 11:40 PM   #98
KahnBB6
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

Cartmill, that is strange. It's possible Toyota could have changed the design of the Pioneer head unit for 98-00 models along with the many other updates for those years.

My understanding was that this modification won't work with Nakamichi optioned cars but this is the first I've heard of a late model not allowing the test passthrough trick to work.
Old 05-05-14, 09:26 AM   #99
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Send a message via AIM to cartmill

well, what's strange is that the passthrough works for the AM and FM inputs, but not for the TAPE and CD inputs... anyone?
Old 05-17-14, 10:54 AM   #100
Elbereth
Driver School Candidate

I would like to confirm that this works in the 2000 SC300.

I took some pictures if this helps anyone.

Here is the teardown of the console. I took this as a reference in case I messed anything up, but someone might find it useful.
Click the image to open in full size.

In my stock Nakamichi on the 2000 model, the test pins looked a little different. I circled the area on the picture. The lettering on the board implies that the ground is not the center wire. This is not true, the same center ground applies.

I attached the aux jack to the back of the head unit. The wire I chose to run down the gearshift area would have not fit if I attached it at the side.

I didn't take pictures of it, but the wire runs down near the shifter to the center console. I added a ground isolation unit there as well, and secured it underneath the cupholder. I'm considering running a line back from the cigarette lighter to build in a power-only usb jack inside the console. One project at a time though.

Thanks again for the original idea!
Elbereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-14, 09:34 PM   #101
tankbob
Driver School Candidate

This is the best mod in terms of what you get for the price by far! 10$ and now I can listen to my music instead of the horrible radio here in socal. My tape deck is fudged and switches to fm so I left the cd tray open and it will just sit on that and let me play my tunes.
tankbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 01:35 PM   #102
Kris9884
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbereth View Post

Here is the teardown of the console. I took this as a reference in case I messed anything up, but someone might find it useful.

In my stock Nakamichi on the 2000 model, the test pins looked a little different. I circled the area on the picture. The lettering on the board implies that the ground is not the center wire. This is not true, the same center ground applies.

I attached the aux jack to the back of the head unit. The wire I chose to run down the gearshift area would have not fit if I attached it at the side.

I didn't take pictures of it, but the wire runs down near the shifter to the center console. I added a ground isolation unit there as well, and secured it underneath the cupholder. I'm considering running a line back from the cigarette lighter to build in a power-only usb jack inside the console. One project at a time though.

So the "G" is not the ground? From top to bottom it goes Right, Ground, Left??

'92 RJP SC300 - NA-T - SOLD
'97 CGP SC400 - BFI - Stock - For now..

My Formula Drift photodump: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...-pictures.html

Last edited by Kris9884; 08-14-14 at 02:29 PM..
Kris9884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-14, 10:46 AM   #103
net4n6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbereth View Post

Is that mean the post above ^^^^ confirmed the mod will work with Nak system?
Old 09-09-14, 12:06 PM   #104
net4n6
Rookie

Has anyone use this?

http://www.oemautosound.com/p-14-fm-...-usb-is32.aspx
Old 09-09-14, 12:06 PM

Tags
18, audio, aux, auxiliary, cable, diy, gx, install, jack, lexus, line, mount, panel, port, replace, sc