Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

DIY: Install an auxiliary port in your SC

Old 06-07-11, 12:00 PM   #31
chu927
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)

Thanks for this great write up!
I have ordered the necessary parts to try this mod.

One question though, when you say: "either have to have a cassette adpater plugged into the cassette bay, or have a scratched up CD", does that mean I can simply throw in a scratched up CD in the changer to play my source through AUX in using this particular mod? Or do you mean if I wanted to use the CD hack, I would need to use the method of tapping into the CD changer output?

Thanks in advance for your help.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
chu927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 07:24 PM   #32
chashiubow
Pole Position
Trader Score: (9)

Wow...only if I knew earlier.
chashiubow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-11, 04:35 PM   #33
chu927
Driver School Candidate

It sure is a cool mod! I'll see if I can work on it this coming weekend...
chu927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-11, 09:16 PM   #34
jhansc300
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Does anyone know how to do this on the Nakamichi stereo? I have it apart now and read thru this thread and Ali's but the setup is a little different.. I dont see the 3 pins or the 2 capacitors. HELP PLEASE...
jhansc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-11, 09:38 PM   #35
jhansc300
Driver School Candidate

BTW I have a 98 SC400.
Old 06-17-11, 07:56 PM   #36
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chu927 View Post
Thanks for this great write up!
I have ordered the necessary parts to try this mod.

One question though, when you say: "either have to have a cassette adpater plugged into the cassette bay, or have a scratched up CD", does that mean I can simply throw in a scratched up CD in the changer to play my source through AUX in using this particular mod? Or do you mean if I wanted to use the CD hack, I would need to use the method of tapping into the CD changer output?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Well, the only reason why i say this is that you need to have something "playing" that doesn't actually play any music. If you have a scratched CD in the changer, the radio will give you an error message and just sit there, not playing music, or changing the CD. That allows you to use this AUX input. The AUX input is always connected, regardless of what input you selected (radio, cd, tape). Sorry i made this confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansc300 View Post
Does anyone know how to do this on the Nakamichi stereo? I have it apart now and read thru this thread and Ali's but the setup is a little different.. I dont see the 3 pins or the 2 capacitors. HELP PLEASE...
PMed you. Hope i can help....
Old 06-21-11, 12:38 PM   #37
Ali SC3
Na-T Guru
Trader Score: (10)

I thought when it says error it puts you back on to another mode. I am not sure its been a while. if it just sits there and says error then that should work great.

The sure way to know if you can make it work, is if your stereo will stay on casette mode or cd mode without switching back to another mode, then you are good to go.

if your casette player or cd player is broken in certain ways, when you select that mode the stereo will kick you back on to FM or whatever you were on last. that means its not going to work on that mode. it has to actually stay on it, even though you arent listening to music from it.

1995 Lexus SC300 5spd Na-T ( TT Ecu Mod + a few others)
Ali SC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-11, 11:19 AM   #38
Klaus
Lexus Test Driver

Anybody confirm if this work for the Nak decks?
Old 06-27-11, 09:59 AM   #39
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)

Ali, from what i can remember, the radio will just sit there on Err if you've got a scratched up CD in the changer. Obviously, you need a working changer to use this.

And Klaus, from what people have told me, the Nak system doesn't have the 3 prong test point. I wish i had one to crack into to confirm this.
Old 06-27-11, 08:53 PM   #40
jhansc300
Driver School Candidate

I opened mine but saw no 3 prong test point. I did see 2 pairs od wire coming from the tape deck part to the board. 2 pairs - single gray/single white and single gray/single white. Maybe is audio wires???
Old 06-28-11, 08:22 PM   #41
Klaus
Lexus Test Driver

Alright so there's a vendor on an auction site offering this:

LEXUS CASSETTE RADIO CD CHANGER CONTROL with AUX input .

This auction is for a Factory 92-96 LEXUS SC300, SC400 SERIES CASSETTE RADIO Model # 86120-24230. This unit is in perfect working condition, This unit was recently professionally serviced. A Great opportunity to upgrade to a better radio and keep the stock look.

Guaranteed not dead on arrival.

Please note: The unit is light green illumination , CD changer control , Premium 15 pins, external amplifier need, please check with dealer for perfect fit .
I have added in the AUX mini 3.5 m stereo input head phone jack (when you plug in your MP3 or AUX audio, it will cut out the signal of the radio and take your MP3 in. It is direct input to Preamplifier section. The EQ and Audio control will work as normal and direct input will not lose signal as the FM module or hiss noise and mechanism noise from the Tape deck. The unit has 4 channel output . Please see the connector of the unit and compare with your radio.
I can put the jack in or make external aux for your custom mounting in if you already have the Radio , please email me if you need the service .

The sale come with the 6ft cable.

Click the image to open in full size.

So what do you think he's doing?
Old 06-28-11, 08:30 PM   #42
jhansc300
Driver School Candidate

Ahhh someone's gotta figure this out. I wish I knew more about auido electronics! Lol
Old 07-07-11, 06:19 AM   #43
Klaus
Lexus Test Driver

Well surprise, surprise, and unresponsive ebay seller... I've messaged him twice now asking what's involved in PAYING for him to do this service which he advertises in his ad that he does and no response. Awesome. Where to go from here on figuring this out?
Old 07-07-11, 11:51 AM   #44
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

SwtJlsy 21 swtjlsy

This is lame why are you trying to hack it there has to be something that works for the 2 gen GS or just spend a $100 dollarrs and get a new deck really
swtjlsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 07:56 PM   #45
Klaus
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtjlsy View Post
This is lame why are you trying to hack it there has to be something that works for the 2 gen GS or just spend a $100 dollarrs and get a new deck really
OEM integration man- there's no aftermarket deck that truly "fits" like stock. And the factory nak deck puts out some great sound. No need to change, and a decent double din that isn't going to look and sound terrible is going to be a lot more than $100. Anyway moving on to hopefully more useful posts...
Old 07-08-11, 07:56 PM

Tags
18, audio, aux, auxiliary, cable, diy, gx, install, jack, lexus, line, mount, panel, port, replace, sc