Sponsored by:

How Can You tell what sound system you have

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-01, 10:10 AM
Rro
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have a 92 ES300. The audio system is unlabelled. I have the CD changer in the trunk but, I,m not sure who makes the system. Reading other threads, apparently it must be Pioneer or Naka. How do you determine which one? The CD changer is not working. I don't know if it's a fuse (No car manual) or something worse (jammed or no magazine). I've been concentrating on mechanical.

Any info on the audio system is welcomed. Buy the way, where is the fuse location the sound system?

Thanks In Advance,
Rolex
Old 03-15-01, 05:17 AM
Rro
Rookie

Question CD Magazine and Fuse Location

Hey, 1SICKLEX.

First let me thank you and all others for taking the time to respond to my posts.

I checked the fuse panel and did not see the fuse labelled for the CD exchanger (or didn't recognize the labelled fuse). I pulled all the fuses to check to see if they were good. All were good.

I've tried to open the CD changer by pressing the button but, nothing happens. Other cars I've checked, the front door opens to the cd when the button (front of cd changer) is pressed. Regardless of a magazine being in or not.

This makes me think there may be a problem with CD changer. Maybe a blown fuse or cable/harness problem. I've tried slightly prying the front door with no luck. Everything else on the sound system works fine -- and I do mean fine

Want to check all routine operations of the CD before searching for a reconditioned unit or comparable.

Any suggestions?

Old 03-15-01, 05:20 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Which brand

Dont know about the ES300...But the First SC4 was available with the NAK system....If you have The NAK it will say so right on the front of the stereo.
Old 03-16-01, 05:09 AM
Rro
Rookie

Default Thanks

I've tried openning with the carpet and mat removed, no luck. I'll search for the other fuse box. Hopefully, It will be labelled. If not, I'll check all fuses again.

I'm surprised that I don't see many 1992 ES300's on the road. None to be exact. I see numerous 1994 and later but, no 1992's. Was there a problem or something with that year?

Other than a few maintenance neglect problems (used ES300), my car performs great. Best running car I've ever had.