Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Why are front speakers so quiet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-10, 08:08 AM
mikeli689
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are front speakers so quiet?

Hey guys, I've been doing searches but I couldn't find any info on this so I thought I would ask the experts here on CL about my problem.

Anyway, so I have a 2ES (1996 to be exact) and installed some aftermarket headunit/subs/amp/front speakers recently. Well from the get-go I was having issues. First when I installed the headunit, I was getting alot of whining so I figured hey, a ground loop isolater would work. So I installed one and no more whine!

So I went on to install some subs and got whine from there. Used the same solution, installed an isolator, and no more whine yay.

Now I was off to install the front speakers. So when I completed the installation of the speakers, I realized they were REALLY quiet. I checked all wires (which is really just two, one for the left speakers and one for the right) and everything was nice and tight. Even when I use the fader to fade the audio to front speakers, it's still really quiet.

Sorry this post has been so long, but has anybody had the same issues as me regarding the soft front speakers? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 05-14-10, 11:42 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

More info, please.

Components up front? Amped? What kind of speakers? Do you have the specs for them? What deck did you put in? Need to know this kind of stuff to help, really. Hard to troubleshoot without more information.

Big Mack