Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

2G GS4-alarm unlock Issue what am I screwing up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-09, 11:01 AM
97JZA80
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2G GS4-alarm unlock Issue what am I screwing up?

So alarm is fully installed everything works bla bla bla. Unlock and lock both work.* However unlock wont work once the oe alarm kicks back on. Based on what Ive read its the OE disarm/lock detection wire needing tripped. Which I have done multiple ways with no success. What am I doing wrong? I hit the grey lock detection wire with a diode and hit the pink/whatever color with a diode at the same time. Feel dumb...tried one of the diys on here and the relay setup on bulldogsecuritys site...nada.

Frustrated...
Old 10-02-09, 04:21 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97JZA80
So alarm is fully installed everything works bla bla bla. Unlock and lock both work.* However unlock wont work once the oe alarm kicks back on. Based on what Ive read its the OE disarm/lock detection wire needing tripped. Which I have done multiple ways with no success. What am I doing wrong? I hit the grey lock detection wire with a diode and hit the pink/whatever color with a diode at the same time. Feel dumb...tried one of the diys on here and the relay setup on bulldogsecuritys site...nada.

Frustrated...
Try programming a two pulse (-) unlock to both the unlock wire AND the gray lock detection wire.

You also need to "break" the lock detection wire when locking the doors to retain the OEM security.
Old 10-05-09, 04:52 AM
97JZA80
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For sure I tried the 2 pulse thing if I had teh grey wire and the unlock wire hooked up at that particular moment I cant recall. I tried so many variations. I get what you mean by breaking the grey wire, the schematic I was using did just that...still no luck. Appreciate the response alot, plan on digging back in again eventually....still too frustrated.