Sponsored by:

NAVTOOL with LS460L navigation

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-09, 01:32 PM
AlMuhairi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! NAVTOOL with LS460L navigation not working

I recently installed the navtool in my lexus navigation system the LS460L mark levinson sound system. On the instructions, it said to click on the disk button to able able to work the navtool however it did not work. I was wondering if anyone else had installed it and it works.

Thanks in advanced

Last edited by AlMuhairi; 08-19-09 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-05-09, 05:41 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

if you have a navigation system on your ls460L and mark levinson sound system then it already has a dvd move player in the factory cd dvd changer under the nav screen. the navtool was for older lexus navigation system cars that had no factory dvd movie player. also the navtool only was for non digital gps computer hook up to pipe movies to the nav screen via the anaolg gps wiring that went from the trunk gps computer to the screen........................................................ if you have 2007 and up ls460L model and you dont have mark levinson sound system with the the dvd cd changer in the dash and the single disc cd dvd player in the rear seat armrest then you probably dont have a usa model as all usa models of the ls460L came with ml rear entertainment system for back seat moveies and the 6 disc dvd cd. for front seat viewing with proper ..................................at any rate the navtool doesnt solve how the sound from the external device gets to the factory amp necessitating an fm modulator which puts out very low quality sound. the best option would be to get a factory lexus ls460 6 disc cd dvd changer which would not only produce high end video and sound through thwe factory amp. it is a plug in and play install with a few added harnesses for video and audio input.................................................
i just realized you could be asking about the jdm tv-navi kit that allows you to watch movies in the front . that isnt called navtool . email me at egusman@woh.rr.com for help on installing the lexus tv-navi kit that comes in the yelow and blue box with japanese language on the package.