Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

(Semi-DIY) What I know about the sc3/4 sound system, Pioneer and Nakamichi

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-09, 12:50 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Semi-DIY) What I know about the sc3/4 sound system, Pioneer and Nakamichi

Alright i have been looking at the wiring diagrams (2 attached below and this site) for hours now and so far this is what i have figured out.

First, for power antenna, you need 2 wires. Pink/Green and Pink/Blue. But here is the catch, Pink/Blue is a Remote (rem) wire while Pink/Green is the actual power antenna wire.

Second, by using a Ford Motorola adapter, you can connect the windshield diversity/soarer antenna as the main antenna for your head unit. Good if you want to shave the main antenna or if its stuck.

Third, the best place to tap into the oem wires are in the kick panels and next to the seat belts in the rear.
FL:

FR:

RL:

RR:

Fourth, the stop light wire at the shifter is green/white.

Fifth, the nakamichi amp 5 channel amp(1st and 2nd NOT 3rd gen models) is basically the 2 pioneer amps rolled up into one. In fact it even uses the same 3 plugs as the pioneer system. The only difference being some of the subwoofer plug pins are missing; more importantly the subwoofer inputs are missing. What this means is the amp calculates the outputs to the woofer based off the 4 speaker inputs. This IS TESTED and CONFIRMED.

So in order to get the nak amp working with an aftermarket hu, all you would need to do is feed the stock 4 channel inputs with your subwoofer hu output. So basically split the rca cable and connect the + to the brown and/or blue,red,white wires and the negative to the black wire. All on harness A of course.

As it stands right now my system works but the woofer still doesnt turn on. I have one of 3 problems right now.

1) The rem output voltage of my HU isnt enough to trigger the nak amp.
2) The RCA output voltage of my HU is just too low.
3) My wiring has been tampered with )e.g. aftermarket hu was installed and removed.) So maybe i have a short somewhere.

And sixth, if your using your aftermarket HU as 4 channel speaker amp DONT use Yellow/Blue wire coming right out of harness A. Instead track it back and you will see it splits off from a lower gauge wire. You'll want to tap into that thicker wire back there instead of the thin wire at harness A. Essentially the oem hu was never ment to be an amp so they sent a thinner wire to it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Lexradiowcd.pdf (70.3 KB, 404 views)
File Type: pdf
nakamichi_wiring.pdf (78.3 KB, 505 views)

Last edited by Ryeno; 07-05-09 at 01:02 AM.