Sponsored by:

Why put TV on the Headrest??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-02, 02:06 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Why put TV on the Headrest??

Aren't the headrest TV only for people in the back? How often do you guys really have people sitting in the back? For my car, maybe once a month. I think maybe when I get the Escalade with 23s and a family(hope not), then I'll do the headrest.

My LS at:www.sounddomain.com/id/kenjitsou
Old 03-21-02, 05:13 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TV's in the headrest are more for show than anything else. I too, only have people in my backseat about 2-3x a month. However, I want them anyway just because it is an awesome feature to have for the passengers when going on road trips and it also "completes" the video part of an audio/video system. I have a TV/DVD up front and need 2 more TV's in the rear to make it look right.
Old 03-21-02, 05:17 PM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey LXOGOOD,

I was wondering if you could post a pic of your interior so we could see how you mounted video in the front of your GS. Did yo have to take off stock radio?

I'd like to keep my car stock and just put an ADD-on and perhaps get the audio signal from a source (portable DVD player) to my amp or to the stereo via an RF antenna splice but the prob is where to mount the video unit on the dash.

A great suggestion was to put the LCD screen on the visor(s) but man, wouldn't it be lame to be have the visors down all the time? Plus, it'd be cool for driver and passenter to be able to share the video (not during driving of course heh heh)

Ryan
Old 03-22-02, 11:42 AM
CoreY2K1
Driver

i think the question that Lexus owners are more likely to ask is "why not?"...
Old 03-22-02, 11:50 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Putting TV's in headrest may be for show but not visors. You could always be parked waiting for someone to go get groceries and you could be all by yourself watching TV instead of going inside. I do this alot and can't wait to get TV's. =]
Old 03-22-02, 01:26 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Talking Kids!

Ken - I put monitors in my headrests just to keep my 10 year old daughter entertained on long trips. Just wait until U have a family ( as U mentioned ) & U'll see the advantage to it too!!! A few hundred miles of "R we there yet?" will drive ya to insanity so the DVD keeps her distracted!!
Old 03-22-02, 05:13 PM
BADGS400
Driver

Default GO ALPNE!!

Guys whats going on? ok i have the CVA-1005(motorized monitor) in the dash and a DVD player right below it, it looks so good you all need to do this too!!! and alpine has GREAT monitors that will go perfect for the headrest, i'm puttin these in next month...the part number is TME-???, (cant remeber the rest) but these are top notch and look really good!!!!

if anyone want to see some pics of my GS400 audio/video system let me know i can email them to you or post them here(dont know how to do taht)
Old 03-22-02, 09:58 PM
jpmotdyn
Pole Position

Here is the alpines in the headrests. I think one puts tv;s in the headrest cos it looks f%^&ing cool.
Attached Thumbnails Why put TV on the Headrest??-dsc00186.jpg  
Old 03-23-02, 01:39 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by NVMYGS3
Hey LXOGOOD,

I was wondering if you could post a pic of your interior so we could see how you mounted video in the front of your GS. Did yo have to take off stock radio?

I'd like to keep my car stock and just put an ADD-on and perhaps get the audio signal from a source (portable DVD player) to my amp or to the stereo via an RF antenna splice but the prob is where to mount the video unit on the dash.

A great suggestion was to put the LCD screen on the visor(s) but man, wouldn't it be lame to be have the visors down all the time? Plus, it'd be cool for driver and passenter to be able to share the video (not during driving of course heh heh)

Ryan
Here is a pic of my Kenwood touch screen TV/CD player + DVD. Now just waiting on the monitors for the back.
Attached Thumbnails Why put TV on the Headrest??-ken-s-car-016.jpg  
Old 03-24-02, 11:31 PM
GS4Me
Rookie

Here's how I have mine...
Attached Thumbnails Why put TV on the Headrest??-dash.jpg  
Old 03-24-02, 11:36 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

pimp!
Old 03-25-02, 10:15 AM
Hohlraum
Pole Position

GS4Me, man I really dig the dual LCD thang. What brands did you use for everything? How did you mount it? Think you could post some more closeups of how you did everything?
Old 03-25-02, 10:18 AM
BADGS400
Driver

hey guys how do you post pictures on here, and doesn anyone know how to bring videos from your camera onto your computer??

thanks, i got some sweet pics of a DD cva,dva combo in the dash, looks cool, get alot of "oh man thats awsome" when people see it
Old 03-27-02, 11:52 PM
GS4Me
Rookie

Hohlraum, the left LCD is of course the nav. That's an option in lexus. The LCD on the right is an Emerson screen and an Emerson player above the footrest. Yeah, it's a cheap brand but it has all the features I like, DVD/MP3/VCD/SVCD and at a really good price. That's the best spot I could find to mount that I can still have easy access to.

I can post some more close up pics this weekend when I borrow my cousin's digital camera. I didn't install this myself...it was done through CarToys. The sound runs through an FM modulator and it sounds OK at best.
Old 03-28-02, 06:12 AM
ap0718
Lead Lap

Since I got my TV's put in, it seems that I have people in the back seat all the time. Everybody want to roll in the car with TV's. I don't mind though---and you are right---it's there for show, nothing else!!!!

Quick Reply: Why put TV on the Headrest??