Sponsored by:

1994 LS400 Aftermarket Radio install Q's

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-09, 06:58 PM
LexGX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 LS400 Aftermarket Radio install Q's

I posted this in the ls400 forum but no-one seem like they wanted to help out so i figure i'd post it in this forum and hopefully the experts will chime in. Thanks

I've searched and there is a lot of information but they all seem old and the links don't work anymore.

I am planning to buy an aftermarket cd player. It will either be an alpine 9886 or a sony MEX-BT5100.

The reason why i'm putting in an aftermarket cd player because my nak system is missing the factory amp and the cd changer.

What i'm trying to do here is buy a new cd player and then use the cd player's internal amp to power the speakers and I know i'll lose the subwoofer but thats not a big deal.

I looked on ebay and there seems to be two different wire harness and i don't know which one to use.

Which one do i need?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/1993-1994-LEXUS-...1|293:1|294:50

I also have a question about the speaker wires. Its a little confusing but hopefully someone will be able to help me out with this because i'm in dieing need of audio in my car, lol.

When I look in the trunk, i see a couple sets of wire harness. I believe some are for the cd changer and some are for the factory amp.

I need help identifying which ones are for the amp and which ones are for the cd changer. I guess the only ones that I need to know are which ones are for the amp.

Here i'll attach some pictures.

The last picture are some wires that i connected together. I believe they are speaker wires, If i did them wrong or if they're not suppose to be connected please let me know so that I can disconnect them.