Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

any DIY on installing new headunit in Sc300?

Old 12-29-08, 10:41 PM
black13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any DIY on installing new headunit in Sc300?

Is there a DIY on how to install a new unit in a Soarer/SC300? Mostly need help with the wiring since I've never installed a new deck with an amp in the car.
Old 12-30-08, 04:42 AM
fliptrix
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

http://www.intellexual.net/faq/lexusstereo.swf
That should help you out with all the wiring you'll need. It's all I used to install my alpine iva w505.
Old 12-31-08, 12:37 AM
black13
Driver School Candidate

All right guess thats the only thing there is close to a DIY.

But just a question, do you have to run the speaker wires to the amp in the trunk or can you just use the rca inputs on the back of the deck with the old wiring on the old deck?
Old 12-31-08, 07:58 AM
skgupta24
Driver School Candidate

Keep in mind that the wiring diagram at
http://www.intellexual.net/faq/lexusstereo.swf
only applies if you have a Pioneer (not a Nak) in a 1992-1999 SC.

If you have a Nak in a 1992-1999 SC, then you need to dig around on this site for the right diagram.

If you have a 2000 & up SC, then you and I are in the same boat-- no one seems to have posted a wiring diagram for the 2000 & up SCs. See:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...000-sc300.html

Depending on which system you have, you may or may not be able to use the stock amp and sub- although it looks like you can for a Pioneer in a 1992-1999 SC.

Good luck & Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-08, 09:15 AM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay tuned on this thread here:

Metra to release dash kit for sc 92-00
Old 12-31-08, 10:10 AM
phrozen
Lead Lap

holy spam on how to install a radio on a sc, im going to do a complete writeup with pictures on how to install a radio with and without bypass on a sc and how to make stock sub work if you have one. i dont have access to stock nak system so if someone could help on that portion that would be great. not trying to be a *** but i see ppl posting on how to install a raido into a sc like ever day.

92 sc's with pioneer system are just a reg non amp toyota harness behind the radio 93+ pioneer or nak are amp bypass in pass rear 1/4 under the cd changer, on pioneer systems you can retain stock sub with some rca ends if your deck has sub out.

you may be able to retain using the factory amp using low level input thru some rca ends or using the toyota amplified harness metra part # 70-8112, i have seem some lexus radios having alt whine using this method but not all.

there is currently no DASH KIT available for the sc metra has made one but is not available yet (see post above for link) it is set to be available after ces. currently ur options are using a 1/2 din pocket for double din radios, 1/2din abs filler piece, if you are doing a single din radio mazda and subaru offer 1.5 din pockets on select models you have to dig around for the part numbers. or you can make a trim ring out of 1/8 mdf or cut out the stock radio bondo/primer/paint, i believe cleansc has a writeup with pictures. also PLZ drill new mounting holes so your radio sits flush with the climate controls and lower ash tray pocket, im tired of seeing ppl with radio's that stick out hella far cuz there lazy go bust out a drill and make new holes dont half *** it.

i will be making a write up step by step on how to install a radio into a sc, i dont have access to pics of the stock nak/pioneer amp so if someone can assist me with that portion thta would be great. hopefully it can get this stickied
Old 01-01-09, 02:39 AM
black13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by phrozen
holy spam on how to install a radio on a sc, im going to do a complete writeup with pictures on how to install a radio with and without bypass on a sc and how to make stock sub work if you have one. i dont have access to stock nak system so if someone could help on that portion that would be great. not trying to be a *** but i see ppl posting on how to install a raido into a sc like ever day.

92 sc's with pioneer system are just a reg non amp toyota harness behind the radio 93+ pioneer or nak are amp bypass in pass rear 1/4 under the cd changer, on pioneer systems you can retain stock sub with some rca ends if your deck has sub out.

you may be able to retain using the factory amp using low level input thru some rca ends or using the toyota amplified harness metra part # 70-8112, i have seem some lexus radios having alt whine using this method but not all.

there is currently no DASH KIT available for the sc metra has made one but is not available yet (see post above for link) it is set to be available after ces. currently ur options are using a 1/2 din pocket for double din radios, 1/2din abs filler piece, if you are doing a single din radio mazda and subaru offer 1.5 din pockets on select models you have to dig around for the part numbers. or you can make a trim ring out of 1/8 mdf or cut out the stock radio bondo/primer/paint, i believe cleansc has a writeup with pictures. also PLZ drill new mounting holes so your radio sits flush with the climate controls and lower ash tray pocket, im tired of seeing ppl with radio's that stick out hella far cuz there lazy go bust out a drill and make new holes dont half *** it.

i will be making a write up step by step on how to install a radio into a sc, i dont have access to pics of the stock nak/pioneer amp so if someone can assist me with that portion thta would be great. hopefully it can get this stickied
I've done at least 10 installs in various cars, I'm not a professional but I've managed to do all that with just a few simple guides online. The Soarer is the first car I've had such a ***** of a time finding anything for. Almost every link I do find is either dead or just wrong.

And jesus I just realized that there are two type of systems in the soarer. I don't even know which one I have, I do have an amp in the corner in my trunk though so I'm guessing I got the Nak system.

If you make a guide soon, I will seriously paypal you $10. And in terms of fitment, I've already done all that prepared with my new double din deck and with a small pocket I found in the junk yard, it flushes nicely. I don't need no dash kit.

It's just the wiring thats got me hooped. From reading your post I couldn't really understand, why does the amp need to be bypassed? is it because the amp and the factory deck were set to work together only or something?

Is it just easier to install a new amp with the new deck as well?