Sponsored by:

Bluetooth in 05 ES 330

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-08, 08:25 AM
Krellos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth in 05 ES 330

Best Buy has a Parrot system to allow Bluetooth capability in my 05 ES 330, however, they don't sell the harness for it (I'm still researching the company). I was curious if anyone else has added Bluetooth to their ES 330, and what brand they used?

Thanks!
Old 11-03-08, 09:32 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Krellos
Best Buy has a Parrot system to allow Bluetooth capability in my 05 ES 330, however, they don't sell the harness for it (I'm still researching the company). I was curious if anyone else has added Bluetooth to their ES 330, and what brand they used?

Thanks!
A Parrot adapter harness for the 05 ES can be purchased here: http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php I've noticed that this application chart has obvious errors so it would be good to verify that this harness really does fit your ES.

As I mentioned recently on other threads, Lexus and Toyota dealers in the UK and Europe sell and install the Motorola IHF1000 Bluetooth kit as an official Lexus/Toyota option. You can view photos of the IHF1000 rebranded with Lexus and Toyota logos on UK and Europe Lexus and Toyota corporate websites. I posted a link recently on the IS forum.

An adapter harness is not needed to install a Bluetooth kit although they are nice to use when they are available. There is plenty of room on the firewall in the driver side footwell in ES for an external speaker so you don't have to tap into the car speaker wires. Parrot sells an optional external speaker and external speakers come with many Bluetooth kits including most from Motorola and Nokia. A wiring diagram for your radio will show you the color of the mute wire. An easy way to power a phone kit is to use an add-a-circuit fuse holder in the under dash fuse box.

There have been fairly recent threads on this or the ES forum where people have installed Bluetooth kits in their ES300s and ES330s - I participated in some of them. You can likely find them by doing a search.