Sponsored by:

Help with New System

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-08, 10:55 PM
pitmanr200
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with New System

i have a 98 lexus gs400 that im wanting to put full system in. I pretty much know what I wanna go with Sub and h/u wise. Im going to go with one RE Sx 10 or 12 with a tma 1000/1 amp on it. It will be put where the factory sub is located on rear deck and be in a sealed enclosure. Im doing 6.5 componets in front and 6.5 coax. in rear. I was thinking of going with all RE setup, but have never heard how there components sound. I have always used mb Quartz, but i have never been impressed with mb quartz loudness. I dont need a system that will shake the paint off, but i would like it to have some knock, but more importantly sound clean. I dont like real harsh raspidy type highs. I have heard focal and diamond audio and liked the sound of silk doam tweeters. Im trying to spend know more than 200 dollars on front and 200 on back speakers. Also thinking of tma 360.4 amp for highs, but if you have any other suggestions chime in.
Old 10-19-08, 11:49 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My own setup is Infinity 6.1 perfects upfront and Polk 6.5 components in the rear... I have ZERO complains on clarity and loudness. Combined those will run you about $370 so you'll still have money left over to buy good RCA's to run to your amps. I'm using a soundstream van gogh amp for my components, but any decent amp with a good s/n ratio should be fine. I do plan on upgrading however if my time and budget allows for it.... something to progress as my hearing damage increases..
Old 10-23-08, 05:51 PM
LexGX
Pole Position

Sorry to thread jack but i'm wondering if the gs is kinda like the ls in a way. I've heard that in the ls, the rear seats have a back piece of wood and its blocking out a lot of the sound.

I was planning to run some re se but now i don't know if i should get something louder.

That setup sounds nice. I've also read some reviews on the re components on another forum and they said that they were pretty good for the price. Personally, i've never heard an mb quart speaker before so i can't compare the two nor have i heard of an re components. My friend he has a set of alpine type s in bmw's rear deck and they sound nice.

What are you planning to do about the hu, are you keeping it stock or replacing it?
Old 10-24-08, 10:40 AM
jtgs400
Lead Lap

It would be better if you use the majority of your $400 budget on the speakers for the fronts. The rear isn't as important and just provides a little rear fill. So spend like $100 or less for the rears and the rest for the front. Better front speakers will definitely make the biggest different, especially a good set of components.

Never personally listen to or owned any TMA amps but have heard good things about them. They're made by JL without the JL price so that's a good sign.

I currently have a 10" Image Dynamics IDQ-V3 with about ~800w going to it. I had a custom sealed box made for it to be mounted underneath the rear deck with the sub firing into the cabin through the stock sub hole. I haven't gotten around to mounted it to the rear deck yet but with it just sitting on the trunk, it sounds great already.
Old 10-24-08, 01:44 PM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

Iv'e got a TMA 250.1 and they are great amps. I swear more power than they are rated at and it sounds clean and is consistent.