Sponsored by:

eclipse ipc-106

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-08, 04:43 PM
kingomar
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eclipse ipc-106

hey guys. i had an eclipse avn5495 installed back in late 2005. im now interested getting an ipod adapter and am looking at the ipc-106. does anyone know if this will display all the songs info on the headunit screen? I don't have Sirius or any CD changers. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-27-08, 06:16 PM
basketthis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will display the song title and info and such. What I recommend doing is (if you haven't already) is getting the map update disc (for 08) and update the unit. Not only does it update the maps, but it updates a more critical part of the firmware which allows the unit to run cooler. It also has improved ipod compatibility and functions. A big plus is the increase in actual processing time!! It seems like it takes a day to browse through mp3 cd's with the original firmware, and still has trouble recognizing all of the songs on the mp3 cd. With the update, it's much improved and is more user friendly!!

Cliff notes:
Yes. Displays song, title, info, etc....
DO: Get the update
DON'T: Get the ipod cord without the update!

To update your unit (not so good news ): http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...5h-nav-update/

Hope you've already updated and everything goes well with it. If I find out anymore info, I will try to let you know. GL!!
Old 09-27-08, 09:13 PM
kingomar
Rookie

hey thanks for the quick reply. i'm a little hesitant to take the unit out of the dash and send it back to them, not to mention the $300 price tag. also, eclipse's customer service is pretty lousy and i dont want to have a hard time with them saying we didnt receive the unit or anything like that. do i need the update for the song info to appear? thanks again.

Last edited by kingomar; 09-27-08 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-27-08, 10:11 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Eclipse's customer service is actually pretty damn good. There's nothing you can do to make the AVN5495 display song info while using the ipc-106.

AVN5495 is the harddrive edition and has not been upgraded for 3 years, and last I heard from eclipse they did not have a way to update it.
Old 09-28-08, 08:05 PM
kingomar
Rookie

hey, thanks for the reply. i've had pretty bad luck with them. its hard to get a hold of them and i find that they don't really know how to answer my questionss when i've had problems in the past. the unit is upgradable but you have to send it to them, as basketthis mentioned.

i was just wondering if the song info would still be displayed without the update with the ipc-106. also, will i be able to browse through my playlist and find the song I want or will I have to go song by song to find what I want. thanks again.
Old 09-28-08, 08:10 PM
basketthis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88supramki
Eclipse's customer service is actually pretty damn good. There's nothing you can do to make the AVN5495 display song info while using the ipc-106.

AVN5495 is the harddrive edition and has not been upgraded for 3 years, and last I heard from eclipse they did not have a way to update it.
they have recently released an update. (check link that i posted right above your response) although it is costly!!

Originally Posted by kingomar
hey, thanks for the reply. i've had pretty bad luck with them. its hard to get a hold of them and i find that they don't really know how to answer my questionss when i've had problems in the past. the unit is upgradable but you have to send it to them, as basketthis mentioned.

i was just wondering if the song info would still be displayed without the update with the ipc-106. also, will i be able to browse through my playlist and find the song I want or will I have to go song by song to find what I want. thanks again.
it's something that you should check with eclipse about before doing anything! although, i'm pretty certain it will since it includes a firmware update that has a lot to do with mp3 functionality! GL!
Old 09-28-08, 08:18 PM
kingomar
Rookie

thank you!
Old 12-24-08, 09:40 PM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

I have an AVN6600, and I am thinking of picking up a ipc-106, but i am not going to spend the money on one, unless it will transmit Video from my Ipod as well as audio. Does anybody know if the ipc-106 conducts video and audio form Ipods?
Old 12-25-08, 03:02 PM
Hazelrah
Rookie

No iPod video according to the Eclipse website: http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/faqs/answer3_07.html

But the upcoming Eclipse unit is supposed to have iPod video so hopefully there's a new adapter out there that will do it with existing models: http://www.twice.com/article/CA6615131.html