Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Different models of Pioneer 6 disc changers ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-08, 04:47 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different models of Pioneer 6 disc changers ?

Hello all,

Using the search engine provided no hits on my question, so I'm going to post this to you all.

I have a 99 GS400 with Nav and the cd changer, which is model CDX-M8076ZT, with a p/n 86270-30150. The changer stopped loading/playing my disc so I decided to find a replacement used Pioneer changer from another 99 GS.

I recently bought another Pioneer changer from another 99 lexus GS, but the part number and model number are different; CDX-M8476ZT, p/n 86270-30160.

They have different connectors on the back; my 30150 has a square 10 pin connector, and the new 30160 has a rectangular 12 pin connector.

Is it possible to open these units and swap out the interface board ? My original 30150 will no longer load my CD's and I bought the 30160 (unknowingly) to replace my bad changer.

What's the differense in these 2 Pioneer changers ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-24-08, 05:20 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

usually the laser goes out so you can switch the boards from the broken pioneer lexus premium unit to the nakamichi made by pioneer unit you accidentally bought. so if the nakamichi chaqnger laser and changer mech works the pioneer boards which usually dont go bad should convert the nakamichi changer to standard pioneer.
Old 09-24-08, 07:16 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusaudio
usually the laser goes out so you can switch the boards from the broken pioneer lexus premium unit to the nakamichi made by pioneer unit you accidentally bought. so if the nakamichi chaqnger laser and changer mech works the pioneer boards which usually dont go bad should convert the nakamichi changer to standard pioneer.
Sweet. So what I think I understand you are saying is that the "new" Pioneer CD changer I bought is actually used with the Nakamichi stereo, correct ?

My existing "broken" Pioneer CD changer sounds like it is loading the cd out of the magazine, but it never starts playing.....it's like the magazine is empty. This type of problem is indicative of a bad laser assembly ?

Is it only the board that has the actaual 10 pin square connector that I need to swap out ?

Thanks for helping out, by the way. You seem to be the end all for all things lexus audio
Old 09-24-08, 08:09 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Well, while waiting for a reply, I took the interface board that has the 10 pin connector off of my "old bad" changer and swapped it for the interface board that has the 12 pin connector on the "new" changer.

I plugged this into my wiring harness and selected the "CD" button on my Nav. THat did select the changer, which went into a load and test for disc in the magazine. It then loaded the disc in slot one and started playing (according to the Nav display screen.... the disc and track showed and the run time for the track started counting), but I get no audio from the changer. I can control changing the disc and track but get no audio at all.

Do I need to swap another board as well ?

THanks for any ideas on this.
Old 09-24-08, 08:41 PM
vrferrari
Pole Position

Ah hell, never mind. I went ahead and replaced the other pcb and now it works. The end result is that I had to swap in both pcb's from my old "broken" unit as a matched pair into the "new" Nakamichi model of the Pioneer CD changer, and now everything works as it should. So it would appear the actual laser or laser transport is what broke in my original chassis.