Sponsored by:

Audio System Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-08, 02:42 PM
sc300L
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Audio System Help!!

Sup fellas, I have herd a lot about what a pain it is to upgrade the audio in the Sc300s because of mixed Ohms and amps and what not so I gave it up along time ago and decided to paint it, but know I find my self driving daily wanting to rip the stupid thing out because of the constant skipping and poor quality of music.. not to mention the disc changers annoying sense I get a lot of new cds...

Well to the point I was wondering what sort of setup I should go with to get Good clean crisp highs and mids with a hard hitting bass but over all still keep it sounding clean.

1. What subs/Speakers. Was thinking Polk/Infinity.

2. Ways to ensure that there's absolutely NO rattle nothing kills a car more then that stupid rattling tag, ect. Im not looking for ridiculous bass, But I would like some.

3. Installers?? Or DiY?
Old 09-11-08, 02:57 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

SC is one of the easier cars to do audio stuff in. i dont knwo when/where you hear otherwise. you can easily and safely integrate an agtermarket deck into factory amp/speaker system. by passing the amp is also cake.

first you should do a search on SC audio related topics

then wait til this gets moved into the audio section so you get more responses

mainly do a search. this topic has be COMPLETELY covered in the past as far as sizing/compatibility/diy for install.

i have infinity kappa perfect components in the front and reference components in the rear. sounds good. i only got them because i paid like 150 bucks for both sets new.

if it was up to me i would have gotten JL ZX650 components all around. i just installed those in a buddies evo and it sounds amazing. well he had more then just speakers but either way.
Old 09-11-08, 03:13 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I was wondering im purchasing a sc300 in a week and i was wondering how the stock speakers are? Does the car have bass or anything, because im pretty sure it'll be better then my 240sx. Or i HOPE it will be.. sorry for going off topic..
Old 09-11-08, 03:27 PM
sc300L
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
SC is one of the easier cars to do audio stuff in. i dont knwo when/where you hear otherwise. you can easily and safely integrate an agtermarket deck into factory amp/speaker system. by passing the amp is also cake.

first you should do a search on SC audio related topics

then wait til this gets moved into the audio section so you get more responses

mainly do a search. this topic has be COMPLETELY covered in the past as far as sizing/compatibility/diy for install.

i have infinity kappa perfect components in the front and reference components in the rear. sounds good. i only got them because i paid like 150 bucks for both sets new.

if it was up to me i would have gotten JL ZX650 components all around. i just installed those in a buddies evo and it sounds amazing. well he had more then just speakers but either way.
My bad its been awhile sense I have use the forums.

Originally Posted by sc300jz
I was wondering im purchasing a sc300 in a week and i was wondering how the stock speakers are? Does the car have bass or anything, because im pretty sure it'll be better then my 240sx. Or i HOPE it will be.. sorry for going off topic..
It sounds better then most and has a stock 10" sub I just cant handle the constant skipping of Mp3 cds.