After market In Dash Dilemma!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-08, 06:34 PM
russia4lov
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After market In Dash Dilemma!!!

Guys!
I need some direction('92 sc400) for an in dash video, cd, ipod, bluetooth unit...have looked at many...pioneer, kenwood, alpine...
I know the wiring harnesses are available but the kit is not...will my car take double din?
What units do you guys recommend without breaking the bank...I would like to keep the cost under $1000.
I appreciate the input, because I seem to be more confused the more I look!
Thanks
Old 08-12-08, 06:46 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

pioneer would be ur best choice, if you want quality your gonna have to break that grand, as for the din the space is a 2.5 din, if you really want you can take apart the front of the oem radio, and cut the plastic to make your own din kit, cut the radio face and make it fit your aftermarket radio. ( idea stolen from a friend). hope he doesnt mind
Old 08-12-08, 07:27 PM
basketthis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by russia4lov
Guys!
I need some direction('92 sc400) for an in dash video, cd, ipod, bluetooth unit...have looked at many...pioneer, kenwood, alpine...
I know the wiring harnesses are available but the kit is not...will my car take double din?
What units do you guys recommend without breaking the bank...I would like to keep the cost under $1000.
I appreciate the input, because I seem to be more confused the more I look!
Thanks
If you send it to me and tell me which unit you have purchased, I can get the dash to look perfect. I do charge, but it is much lower than you would be paying at any custom shop. I would recommend the Pioneer system. They are very reliable and probably have the best customer support ever. The only thing you would need to do is mount the unit in your car and wait on the dash. It should take me approx 1-2 weeks total time to finish it with black color. Let me know, and GL!

PS -- I can provide pictures of previously done work. This is something that I do all the time and definitely wouldn't attempt to do if I didn't have 7+ years of experience.