Help Needed: Alarm went off, now car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-08, 05:44 PM
SC_4_Me
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed: Alarm went off, now car won't start

Hello CL,

I am a first time car owner, so I am a car newbie and a Lexus newbie, so I am seeking the help of you all. I did do a search already, but didn't quite find all the answers I've been looking for.

I have a 92 SC400 and today my alarm went off for the first time as my nephew opened the passenger door from the inside before the car was started and now my car won't start, . It'll turn on, but won't start. Not even making the clicking sound you hear when the battery is dead (my battery is brand new btw). I need to know how I can 1.) disable the alarm and 2.) get my car to start again. Its been said that you can disable the alarm by using the key to unlock the passenger door, but my key will only work in the driver side door (it won't unlock my trunk either, yet my brothers key for his SC300 does work, but thats another story). Any help with this will be much appreciated.
Old 06-26-08, 05:49 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Are you using your valet key or the master key? One of them has a missing cut. I think you need the valet key on the driver door to disable the system.
Old 06-26-08, 08:03 PM
SC_4_Me
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Are you using your valet key or the master key? One of them has a missing cut. I think you need the valet key on the driver door to disable the system.
I only got the master key when I bought the car and now, that key got locked in my car earlier, ugh, lol. Do I have to go to the dealership to get a valet key and if so, how much will it cost me? Thanks.
Old 06-26-08, 09:20 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

unlock the driver side door with your key manually. see if that works
Old 06-26-08, 09:30 PM
SC_4_Me
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BigManne
unlock the driver side door with your key manually. see if that works
Tried that earlier and was unsuccessful. Thanks though.
Old 06-27-08, 03:56 AM
faithless
Driver School Candidate

Almost the same thing happened to me, I ended having to use the lock/unlock button on my master key to get it to start again. What happens when the alarm goes off it disables the starter to prevent theft.
Old 06-27-08, 12:41 PM
SC_4_Me
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by faithless
Almost the same thing happened to me, I ended having to use the lock/unlock button on my master key to get it to start again. What happens when the alarm goes off it disables the starter to prevent theft.
I don't have a lock/unlock button on my key, but it does have a place for a battery once I crack open the casing. It looks like I'll be headed to the dealership this weekend to get the valet key.

I wanted to add that for some reason, my master key no longer works on either my passenger or trunk door, and they used to before. They stopped before my alarm went off. Like I mentioned above, my brother's key for his SC300 works on my trunk, but not mine. Does this mean that something is wrong with my key or my lock(s)?

Last edited by SC_4_Me; 06-27-08 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-04-09, 05:48 PM
CarasLexs
Driver School Candidate

Default Sc 400

I know its almost a year later, but here is what I did.
Putting a new door panal on and the cars alarm went of, used the key in the ign... and turn the alarm off(wouldn't start) used the key and locked the doors (turn forward twice) then unlocked the doors(turn back twice) the car started.
Originally Posted by SC_4_Me
Hello CL,

I am a first time car owner, so I am a car newbie and a Lexus newbie, so I am seeking the help of you all. I did do a search already, but didn't quite find all the answers I've been looking for.

I have a 92 SC400 and today my alarm went off for the first time as my nephew opened the passenger door from the inside before the car was started and now my car won't start, . It'll turn on, but won't start. Not even making the clicking sound you hear when the battery is dead (my battery is brand new btw). I need to know how I can 1.) disable the alarm and 2.) get my car to start again. Its been said that you can disable the alarm by using the key to unlock the passenger door, but my key will only work in the driver side door (it won't unlock my trunk either, yet my brothers key for his SC300 does work, but thats another story). Any help with this will be much appreciated.
Old 07-13-10, 07:06 PM
weedy219
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a 93 sc300 does it have alarm ? because my car wont start not even a sound i get the dash light thats it email me weedy219@aol.com hlp
The following users liked this post:
Kristym (08-01-21)
Old 10-03-17, 06:08 AM
rmonaco
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can’t start my car after alarm went off

[QUOTE=faithless;3636271]Almost the same thing happened to me, I ended having to use the lock/unlock button on my master key to get it to start again. What happens when the alarm goes off it disables the starter to prevent theft.[/QUOTE
hello i have tried everything I only have one key I do not know if it’s the master key or not. Do you have any suggestions for an 09 la 460? I replaced the battery last night and had two jumps the starter will not engage art all I am giving up and calling the dealership today. Thank you for any advice
Old 10-05-17, 03:20 PM
21pirates
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=rmonaco;9997517]
Originally Posted by faithless
Almost the same thing happened to me, I ended having to use the lock/unlock button on my master key to get it to start again. What happens when the alarm goes off it disables the starter to prevent theft.[/QUOTE
hello i have tried everything I only have one key I do not know if it’s the master key or not. Do you have any suggestions for an 09 la 460? I replaced the battery last night and had two jumps the starter will not engage art all I am giving up and calling the dealership today. Thank you for any advice

When my battery died in my Lexus and I wasn’t able to start it after, I went in the dealer they told me that while sitting inside the vehicle you have to press the unlock button twice then press the lock button then press the unlock button again. After that the vehicle started right up.
The following users liked this post:
Joe1994ES300 (01-22-24)
Old 01-22-24, 12:50 AM
Joe1994ES300
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Good to know but question, pressing door panel electric lock/unlock?

Good to know, press unlock twice, then press lock, then press unlock , question are u pressing electric button on door panel that locks and ublocks all doors?

When my battery died in my Lexus and I wasn’t able to start it after, I went in the dealer they told me that while sitting inside the vehicle you have to press the unlock button twice then press the lock button then press the unlock button again. After that the vehicle started right up.[/QUOTE]