Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Help Needed: Alarm went off, now car won't start

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-08, 06:44 PM   #1
SC_4_Me
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
Default Help Needed: Alarm went off, now car won't start

Hello CL,

I am a first time car owner, so I am a car newbie and a Lexus newbie, so I am seeking the help of you all. I did do a search already, but didn't quite find all the answers I've been looking for.

I have a 92 SC400 and today my alarm went off for the first time as my nephew opened the passenger door from the inside before the car was started and now my car won't start, . It'll turn on, but won't start. Not even making the clicking sound you hear when the battery is dead (my battery is brand new btw). I need to know how I can 1.) disable the alarm and 2.) get my car to start again. Its been said that you can disable the alarm by using the key to unlock the passenger door, but my key will only work in the driver side door (it won't unlock my trunk either, yet my brothers key for his SC300 does work, but thats another story). Any help with this will be much appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
SC_4_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 06:49 PM   #2
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (4)
 
JspecSC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 4,909
Default

Are you using your valet key or the master key? One of them has a missing cut. I think you need the valet key on the driver door to disable the system.
__________________

~Junction Produce~
JspecSC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 09:03 PM   #3
SC_4_Me
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JspecSC3 View Post
Are you using your valet key or the master key? One of them has a missing cut. I think you need the valet key on the driver door to disable the system.
I only got the master key when I bought the car and now, that key got locked in my car earlier, ugh, lol. Do I have to go to the dealership to get a valet key and if so, how much will it cost me? Thanks.
SC_4_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 10:20 PM   #4
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (3)
 
BigManne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Landmass
Posts: 1,213
Send a message via AIM to BigManne
Default

unlock the driver side door with your key manually. see if that works
__________________
95 SC 400 w/ 1JZ swap
99 GS 400 DD


Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC View Post
with the porsche you'll get more poon... no doubt...

the SC, you'll get no poon... something you might want to think about
*KMDB*
BigManne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 10:30 PM   #5
SC_4_Me
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigManne View Post
unlock the driver side door with your key manually. see if that works
Tried that earlier and was unsuccessful. Thanks though.
SC_4_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-08, 04:56 AM   #6
faithless
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UT
Posts: 39
Default

Almost the same thing happened to me, I ended having to use the lock/unlock button on my master key to get it to start again. What happens when the alarm goes off it disables the starter to prevent theft.
faithless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-08, 01:41 PM   #7
SC_4_Me
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless View Post
Almost the same thing happened to me, I ended having to use the lock/unlock button on my master key to get it to start again. What happens when the alarm goes off it disables the starter to prevent theft.
I don't have a lock/unlock button on my key, but it does have a place for a battery once I crack open the casing. It looks like I'll be headed to the dealership this weekend to get the valet key.

I wanted to add that for some reason, my master key no longer works on either my passenger or trunk door, and they used to before. They stopped before my alarm went off. Like I mentioned above, my brother's key for his SC300 works on my trunk, but not mine. Does this mean that something is wrong with my key or my lock(s)?

Last edited by SC_4_Me; 06-27-08 at 02:05 PM..
SC_4_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 06:48 PM   #8
CarasLexs
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 2
Default Sc 400

I know its almost a year later, but here is what I did.
Putting a new door panal on and the cars alarm went of, used the key in the ign... and turn the alarm off(wouldn't start) used the key and locked the doors (turn forward twice) then unlocked the doors(turn back twice) the car started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_4_Me View Post
Hello CL,

I am a first time car owner, so I am a car newbie and a Lexus newbie, so I am seeking the help of you all. I did do a search already, but didn't quite find all the answers I've been looking for.

I have a 92 SC400 and today my alarm went off for the first time as my nephew opened the passenger door from the inside before the car was started and now my car won't start, . It'll turn on, but won't start. Not even making the clicking sound you hear when the battery is dead (my battery is brand new btw). I need to know how I can 1.) disable the alarm and 2.) get my car to start again. Its been said that you can disable the alarm by using the key to unlock the passenger door, but my key will only work in the driver side door (it won't unlock my trunk either, yet my brothers key for his SC300 does work, but thats another story). Any help with this will be much appreciated.
CarasLexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 08:06 PM   #9
weedy219
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: ga
Posts: 37
Default

i have a 93 sc300 does it have alarm ? because my car wont start not even a sound i get the dash light thats it email me weedy219@aol.com hlp
weedy219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 08:06 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alarm reset not working koza Performance & Maintenance 3 07-29-14 09:16 PM
Help! Anti theft system won't allow my car to start. LexusEs14 ES300 and ES330 4 03-11-13 10:40 AM
Hey, newb with ALARM and LOCK issues! TurboPanda SC 400/300 1 08-23-12 08:19 PM
1990 LS400 electrical system disabled by alarm? ttyR2 LS400 1 09-17-09 07:29 PM
Does 91 Lexus LS400 have a Starter Kill in factory alarm? Help Please Car won't Start DroppedGS LS400 4 12-17-04 02:14 PM


Tags
350, alarm, car, disabled, door, driver, is300, lexis, lexus, open, reason, side, start, trunk, unlock, valet, wont

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info